Newbie needs help

Rewl

So I watched all of the videos 403 had on youtube and I'm wondering what do next. I don't have the capability of making something greatly but I want to use auto-it to my advantages. When I try to make something from scratch from just learning. All I can do is make little notepad bots, etc. My question I guess is, "how did you guys advance in Auto-it?"

[size="1"]Programs: Draw Tool | [/size]

Need.

Ask friends if they have anything they need automated then try to figure it out. I work in IT so i'm always getting chances to come up with neat apps. Keep all your scripts so you can go back to the early ones and see where you can improve them. It's fun to revisit your old stuff heh

I agree. I am a Autoit beginner and I have learned most of my programs by having a project and just keep hammering away at it and along the way you will pick it up. It's almost like you need to pound it into your head but the forums are full of very helpful Autoit programmers that give you just the right amount of help to get you to learn. Couple of examples that I made were:

1. Make a script that presses F3 very fast forever unless I hit the pause button. The F3 button can be set in Rose Online to pickup a dropped monster item. You need to do this fast as others are also pressing the F3 button manually at the same time.

2. Make a script that types different stuff randomly. Again this was for Rose Online. I would use it to announce that I had specific rare items for sale to the entire town so I would sell more over an evening.

3. Make a script that auto levels your character in a mmorpg. As you can tell I have played my share of games.

4. I have sold my services as a programmer to 2 separate companies for some pretty good cash. One script I made was for scanning a barcode on a firework and having the computer play a video of the firework going off. I sold this for $10K.

I also sold another project that I am working on now and dont want to get into the details until its finished. I will make $3700 on this one. They are both pretty simple programs though. You wouldn't believe how motivated you get to learn when you are going to make thousands for your efforts.

Bottom line - find a project and ask questions in the forums but having the project that needs to get done is the key. Spend some time reading others posts and trying to read each line of their posted code and tell yourself what it does and why it is in that syntax.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html