Monitor Problem

bqp2

Okay im still new, i been quite proud of my self with what i made in just 2 days having Autoit, i just discovered a Serious Problem lol

I have two computers and been using this one and made the Script with Mouseclick and coords, well i get my son on mondays so yesterday i move script to laptop and all the coords are off hehe

Is there something i can use other then mouseclick coords so when i go back and forth like that i dont have to load MousePOS and reset them each time?

I guees i could make a different one for each but thats kinda half Censored it, Id rather have it fix to where i can just move flash drive from Pc to laptop with no worries, not to mention even when you set coords, screen never loads the same and through out the process the coords are missing the click by hair anyways

Edited by bqp2

Hi bgp2.

Using absolute pointer co-ordinates is a pain - talking from experience here Posted Image

There are two relatively easy to use solutions that you can use.

• ControlClick - if you are clicking on controls of a window such as a button or an edit area, then you can use the AU3Window Info tool too get the control text and click directly on the right control.
  • PixelSearch - if you're only clicking in the bottom right of your screen for example you can use PixelSearch to find only the colour of the area you're clicking to then direct MouseClick to click at.
Good luck! Posted Image

James

clicking on a certain banner i used the program AU3Window Info tool and finder tool shows

Pc Controlclick cords 575, 420 position 0, 88

Lab ControlClick Cord 1440, 708 Position 0, 117

with different numbers wouldn't that cause errors between the two computers?

Try changing the Coordinate Mode in Au3Info tool from Screen to Window, the coordinates that it reports will be the coordinates in the window you use it on, and not the whole monitor screen's. See if that helps any.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Try changing the Coordinate Mode in Au3Info tool from Screen to Window, the coordinates that it reports will be the coordinates in the window you use it on, and not the whole monitor screen's. See if that helps any.

thank you,

the coords are still diff but the positions are the same

actually im still confused the postion is still 0,88 no matter where i click just the coords change

make it simple

Im working here My Temp Site

i use Paid to promote my Affiliate manager said this was ok,

My conversions are really high which always raises red flags

Problem is ads are tracked by ip which means one time per ip but clicks are stored in cookies and i can delete them

so my goal here is to just keep my conversion rate down

someone give me the proper Controlclick for the Big 3 Square Banners so this script will work on both my 42 inch screen pc and my small laptop and when i see the numbers i can look at the tool and see how you got them numbers

I still need to get this fixed

when i use the tool it gives different control click cords and mouse click cords if i use Screen, Window, or client and still have problem of clicking the right area on pc but when on laptop clicks no where near it.

someone please help me fix this issue

Okay i don't think its a pc , laptop or autoit problem anymore

My pc runs at 1920 x 1080 and laptop is 1440 @ 900, i think this is the problem why coords are different between the two

is there a fix for this or a script that checks res and calculates the coords based on res

Okay i don't think its a pc , laptop or autoit problem anymore

My pc runs at 1920 x 1080 and laptop is 1440 @ 900, i think this is the problem why coords are different between the two

is there a fix for this or a script that checks res and calculates the coords based on res

Hi bgp2.

Using absolute pointer co-ordinates is a pain - talking from experience here Posted Image

There are two relatively easy to use solutions that you can use.

• ControlClick - if you are clicking on controls of a window such as a button or an edit area, then you can use the AU3Window Info tool too get the control text and click directly on the right control.
  • PixelSearch - if you're only clicking in the bottom right of your screen for example you can use PixelSearch to find only the colour of the area you're clicking to then direct MouseClick to click at.
Good luck! Posted Image

James

lol okay maybe im missing something,

i will use the controlclick but when i used the tool the coords still different in window, screen and client mode between the two computers, maybe it auto adjust per res sign im not sure, but if it is that simple oops sorry for pesting on this lol, just when i used the tool and still seen different coords i just assumed it would still click different spots on other pc

thanks

okay i got the controlclick thing now thanks

but mousemove before each one is this for real?

lol, kinda defeats the purpose of using controlclick when you still have to depend on the mouse coords to get there

If I where you I'd go through a bunch of window resolutions and check the controlclick coords for each one. Then try to figure out a formula that will work for most, or all resolutions.

You can probably even avoid changing your desktop resolution if you just resize the window to the resolutions you want to test.

This way you can use controlclick and you won't have to hard code the coords for each resolution you want to use in the future.