GDI+ Conceptuality

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my development platform from 2007 version to the current version, and have discovered the awesomness that is GDI. However, I haven't really found anything that teaches the structure of using GDI, as usual it is the harders thing to learn. So questions...

This is what I think the structure is. Im probably wrong.

From what Ive gathered from various sources, you first need to open an area to draw to.

EG: either a GUI or a Bitmap file.

???Then you need to select your tool; like a pen or that thing; whats a cap???

Then you draw; like a line, an ellipses, or an image.

Then you clear and redraw.

Is this correct? are there any tutorials flying around?

Also, I heard someone talking about how they draw all there GDI in a bitmap control (whatever that is) then clear and draw the bitmap control. How does this work? what are the functions for creating and drawing this bitmap thing?

Also, I know how to do GDI to a window, but what happens if you want to have stuff outside a window? how would you do that? for all intensive purposes lets say that you wanted a line to sweep down your entire computer screen to indicate the end of a virus scan.

ANY response is appreciated. Like I said, I am a noob.

Thx,

Hypoz.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

i read as many of UEZ's posts as possible, and am continuing so in learning gdi+

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

i read as many of UEZ's posts as possible, and am continuing so in learning gdi+

Like I said, trying to learn structure, not individual code snippets. Thanks for your help though. I had a look at them yesterday (Today for you non-australians) Im not as smart as you guys It will take my months to figure out the structure on my own.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

Like I said, trying to learn structure, not individual code snippets. Thanks for your help though. I had a look at them yesterday (Today for you non-australians) Im not as smart as you guys It will take my months to figure out the structure on my own.

Can anyone else help me out here?