Struggling with IP changer

rscl

Hello All,

I am trying hard to get a simple script working.

I need a simple script which will set the IP, NM & Gateway for a non-admin user using predefined admin credentials.

Now sure why, but the script would just not work.

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <INet.au3>

Global $sUserName = "admin"
Global $sPassword = "mypass"

if isadmin() then
            msgbox(16,"Announce", "I am ADMIN")
            RunWait ('netsh interface ipv4 set address "local area connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1')
Else
            msgbox(16,"Announce", "I am NOT ADMIN")
            $cmnd = 'c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c netsh interface ipv4 set address "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1'
            RunAsWait ($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, $cmnd)
EndIf

Any help from forum members is highly appreciated.

Thx

Sanjay

RunWait (@COMSPEC & 'netsh interface ipv4 set address "local area connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1')

Have you try this way ? Posted Image

#include <Process.au3>
_RunDos ( 'netsh interface ipv4 set address "local area connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1' )
; or
RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /c netsh interface ipv4 set address "local area connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1' )

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

Have you try this way ? Posted Image

#include <Process.au3>
_RunDos ( 'netsh interface ipv4 set address "local area connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1' )
; or
RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /c netsh interface ipv4 set address "local area connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1' )

nice example.

Hi,

Tried both option, none worked!

Pls see attached screenshot.

Windows 7, logged in as ADMIN.

But if I compile the script and right-click on the executable and Run-As-Admin, then it works fine.

What should be my next step so resolve this....

Pls help.

Thx

Sanjay

post-58737-0-18532800-1290074605_thumb.j

On Windows 7 you need a command line similar to this:

netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Local Area Connection" static 192.168.0.100 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 1

You need the name= before the connection name for the netsh command at least that's what the help file for it says.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi,

The command works fine, but only after I compile the script and right-click on the executable and Run-As-Admin.

I am creating this script for it to be used by non-admin users.

My question is what changes in the script are required such that the script/command is executed as an ADMINISTRATOR.

I tried the 'RunAs' option, but it did not help.

Seems like RunAs is only good to execute an external program and not for system commands.

Pls help how do I go about solving this.

Thx in advance.

Hi,

The command works fine, but only after I compile the script and right-click on the executable and Run-As-Admin.

I am creating this script for it to be used by non-admin users.

My question is what changes in the script are required such that the script/command is executed as an ADMINISTRATOR.

I tried the 'RunAs' option, but it did not help.

Seems like RunAs is only good to execute an external program and not for system commands.

Pls help how do I go about solving this.

Thx in advance.

Not possible. Use @RequireAdmin

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

@Skrip,

If I use RequireAdmin, the compiled-script, when executed, asks for a admin password.

@ Richard,

I have tried RunAs also, but it does not change the LAN parameters.

#include <Process.au3>

$sUserName = "admin"
$sPassword = "aaaaaa"
$cmnd = @ComSpec & ' /c netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1'
;_RunDos ( 'netsh interface ipv4 set address "local area connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1' )

; or
;RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /c netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1' )
RunAsWait($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, $cmnd, @SystemDir)

There are no errors, the compiled-script executes, but the LAN properties does not change.

If I Right-Click on the compiled-script and use Run-As-Administraor, enter the Admin password, the compiled-script works as expected.

Pls help..

Thx again.

@ Richard, Thx for your suggestion.

#include <Process.au3>

$sUserName = "admin"
$sPassword = "marian50"
$cmnd = @ComSpec & ' /c netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1'
;_RunDos ( 'netsh interface ipv4 set address "local area connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1' )

; or
;RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /c netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.52 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.85 1' )
RunAsWait($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 2, $cmnd, @SystemDir)

Still same problem.

If I Right-Click on the compiled-script and use Run-As-Administraor, enter the Admin password, the compiled-script works as expected.

A simple double click on compiled-script does not change network properties, nor any errors

Pls help.

Thx

Unfortunately, providing admin password to users is not a good idea.

The same script runs well on XP, its Win7 which is giving me difficult time.

I will have to continue searching a solution for this problem.

I am hopeful someone will have a solution.

Thx

Sans

Well, you have to understand that UAC is to prevent programs from accessing administrative powers without the consent of the user. When you log in, you are using a standard user token every time. When you "run as admin", it uses a second, more powerful user token.

It's a good security model but does create some headaches when trying to do large scale changes.

Point taken, but there has to be programmatic ways to run applications with admin privileges; with the admin password embedded in the application.

My quest is to find such a way.

Pls let me know if this is possible, if not, can this be achieved using a .NET or C or any other language.

Thx again.

Sans

• 2 years later...

Long time ago, but since I faced a similar problem (with the same kind of script) I did find some sort of a solution that worked for me. 
When adding

#RequireAdmin

at the beginning of my script, it now at least gives the user a a warning that it tries to make a changes. 

That way a user sees why the program does not work. 

If the user is (local) admin, it can make these changes (the program works). 

I am using: 

RunWait (  @ComSpec & ' /c netsh interface ipv4 set address name="' & $sCon & '" static ' & $sIP & ' ' &  $sSub & ' ' &  $sSGat & ' 1', "", @SW_HIDE)
RunWait (  @ComSpec & ' /c netsh interface ipv4 set dns name="' & $sCon & '" static ' & $sVDns , "", @SW_HIDE)
RunWait (  @ComSpec & ' /c netsh interface ipv4 set wins name="' & $sCon & '" static ' & $sADns, "", @SW_HIDE)

to change the IP settings. 

Hope this is of any help!

Peter