Obtain list from txt file and rotate through that list

Tsel

Hello all,

Just started using AutoIt. I am looking for a way to get information from two files, numbers.txt and names.txt and putting that information into variables which then will go into a for or while loop, the plan would be for the script to cycle through those files taking the information one entry at a time in a descending order and when the loop finishes then goes and grabs the next entry in the lists and so on. The loop would then stop if there are no more entries to grab in the files. Any idea? help? point me on the right track?

There are going to be hundreds of entries on the files.

Thanks for your time and help.

Hello all,

Just started using AutoIt. I am looking for a way to get information from two files, numbers.txt and names.txt and putting that information into variables which then will go into a for or while loop, the plan would be for the script to cycle through those files taking the information one entry at a time in a descending order and when the loop finishes then goes and grabs the next entry in the lists and so on. The loop would then stop if there are no more entries to grab in the files. Any idea? help? point me on the right track?

There are going to be hundreds of entries on the files.

Thanks for your time and help.

Welcolme to the forum ! Posted Image

You can try with the _FileReadToArray function, see the helpfile !

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts