2 Questions

bqp2

1 - Part of my script installs a app, then when done with it it uninstalls it,

i used mouse click and it works when program actually installs, but sometimes it messes up and doesn't install app,

so i tried control id but the id just returns one id for whole add remove program box,

I tried _rundos(rundll32 app with wild cards cause there is a part that changes every time example app\1.bin, or app\2.bin so i used app\*.bin that doesnt work so whats happening if app doesn't exist it trys to uninstall what ever is where its usually at and the confirm boxs are in different places so when script continues to click else where these boxes are blocking it,

Is there a work around am i doing something wrong cause you can use wild cards in dos so why when i run a dos command from script it doesnt let me?

2 - Make a saftey check at the end of script do a check to see if any iexplorer is active and if it is close it.

thanks in advance

The programs listed in the Add/Remove Programs are listed in the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (For the 32-bit programs on a 64-bit OS.)

Enumerate through them while searching for the DisplayName value that matches the name of the program you want to uninstall. Use the UninstallString value for the DisplayName, and Run the UninstallString. Look at this for an example function for uninstalling MSIs on how to do this.

Adam