do

If ProcessExists ( "Iexplore" ) Then

$exe = true

_RunDOS("tskill Iexplore")

Else

$exe = False

endif

until $exe = False

works fine and this prevents windows from blocking script from continuing in theory

but next time it loads Iexplorer it has a box about closing unexpectily here is info how do i put a check for this box and have it auto hit restore last session

here is info

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: Windows Internet Explorer

Class: #32770

Position: 774, 389

Size: 366, 212

Style: 0x96C80284

ExStyle: 0x00010101

Handle: 0x0010238E

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Button

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: Button1

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]

ID:

Text: Restore your last session

Position: 10, 61

Size: 340, 72

ControlClick Coords: 107, 37

Style: 0x5000200F

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x001C2172

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 120, 123

Cursor ID: 0

Color: 0x6F1C74

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

Restore your last session

Go to your home page

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

Edited by bqp2

• Developers

So you kill the iexplorer task and you are surprised that it gives an error saying it didn't close properly.

Tried closing iexplorer in a more friendly way?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

So you kill the iexplorer task and you are surprised that it gives an error saying it didn't close properly.

Tried closing iexplorer in a more friendly way?

I do but sometimes the page doesnt close and when the script starts next cycle it gets all messed up cause they last iexplore is blocking the screen, so i have to put a check and in case one doesnt close this is the only way i know to close it,

which im fine with as long as i can put a search for that box if its there hit restore previous version if not do just continue

I do but sometimes the page doesnt close and when the script starts next cycle it gets all messed up cause they last iexplore is blocking the screen, so i have to put a check and in case one doesnt close this is the only way i know to close it,

which im fine with as long as i can put a search for that box if its there hit restore previous version if not do just continue

Use the info you posted and look into functions like WinActive and ControlClick. Just do a loop to see whether the error window pops up, if so then ControlClick on the control you want, if not (and if the MSIE window itself does pop up) it can probably be assumed that MSIE started OK and you can exit the loop that waits for the error window. Hope this helps.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.