Minesweeper (source released)

AlmarM

Hey!

Prepare to be amazed! :graduated:
Instead of writing a bot for Minesweeper, I created the game itself!

Source status
Released! Check downloads!

Screenshots
screenqb.png

Any tips, feedback, comments, features would be great!

EDIT (22-11-2010):

• Increased timer input width
  • Fixed "Win/Lose" label text
  • Fixed the 'first-click-game-over' bug.

EDIT (23-11-2010):

• Added Icon
  • Fixed a few problems

EDIT (26-11-2010):

• Added flag system (needs testing, feedback appreciated)
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Decided to release source in a few updates.

Note: I tried creating a mouseOverHover effect, but it results in a massive lag (wich gets worse everytime you start a new game).

EDIT (29-11-2010):

• Fixed some bugs
  • Added second SkinPack
  • Included source, check 'Downloads'

EDIT (11-12-2013):

• Updated the download links

Downloads
The source code can now be found in the attached files.

Minesweeper Source Code.zip

Edited by AlmarM

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

I don't find the numbers very clear to read. Perhaps you could improve it with something like a bold white font against the red background. Also the message "Game Over" might want to be a bit more informative, eg "You Win" or "You Lose". Apart from that I like it a lot. :graduated:

Thanks ^^.

I'm really open to feedback and tips.

I might want to create like a "SkinImport" feature. Where you have a .zip with pre-named files to use as a skin. :graduated:

Minesweeper

_Mouse_UDF

2D Hitbox Editor

Agreed about the colours, but it told me "you win" after the game.

Very good.

It told you "You Win" when you didn't?

Minesweeper

_Mouse_UDF

2D Hitbox Editor

It told you "You Win" when you didn't?

Dunno about them, but for me either version always told me correctly if I lost or won the game :graduated:

I agree with changing the fonts though, it gets a little rough on the eyes..

Also you could add a right click function, as in we could right click on a square we knew that had a mine and it would be flagged and instead of a cardinal you could put as asterisk or just change color, what do you think?

Dunno about them, but for me either version always told me correctly if I lost or won the game :graduated:

I agree with changing the fonts though, it gets a little rough on the eyes..

Also you could add a right click function, as in we could right click on a square we knew that had a mine and it would be flagged and instead of a cardinal you could put as asterisk or just change color, what do you think?

I'm already making a default skin pack that comes with it, it makes things more clear. :(

Includes:

• Mine skins
  • Buttons skins
  • Background image
I will look and see what I can do about the 'right-click' menu. I know it's important!

EDIT:

Updated first post, skinpack added.

Edited by AlmarM

Minesweeper

_Mouse_UDF

2D Hitbox Editor

I can't figure out how to download from that link, there's no download button, and the only place that looks like it's a download button just refreshes the page.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I can't figure out how to download from that link, there's no download button, and the only place that looks like it's a download button just refreshes the page.

Yeah, sorry for that. Mediafire isn't working for me atm. :graduated:

Minesweeper

_Mouse_UDF

2D Hitbox Editor

Can't download, can you upload it to some other hosting?

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

No, I meant it told me the outcome rather that not, as someone posted earlier.

Much easier to see than before now too.

That someone was me.

It looks clearer now. Maybe I just don't know the rules. :graduated:

Okay I just checked again. The version I downloaded for x86 does not tell me that I lost. The message box reads: Game Over @CRLF Try Again

Edited by czardas

"save the file to your PC click here"

small at bottom

Tried that, all it did for me was to refresh the page, didn't give me an option to save anything.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Tell me, to wich site should I upload then? Mediafire isn't working for me.

EDIT:

Uploaded to a new host, also added .zip archive!

Edited by AlmarM

Minesweeper

_Mouse_UDF

2D Hitbox Editor

Nice game.

There will be a source available? :graduated:

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

Here some remarks from me:

• add how many mines left
  • rmb for setting flags
  • mouse hover over the squares
  • increase the x size of input field because when a game takes longer then 99 seconds
Bugs: Game over. You lose! still on GUI although I started a new game.

Why is the building of the graphic "slow"?

Otherwise nice implementation of Minesweeper!

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Nice game.

There will be a source available? :graduated:

Yes, there will. In some time. :(

Here some remarks from me:

• add how many mines left
  • rmb for setting flags
  • mouse hover over the squares
  • increase the x size of input field because when a game takes longer then 99 seconds
Bugs: Game over. You lose! still on GUI although I started a new game.

Why is the building of the graphic "slow"?

Otherwise nice implementation of Minesweeper!

Br,

UEZ

Thanks! Not sure why is't so slow though... :D

Minesweeper

_Mouse_UDF

2D Hitbox Editor

First game I played I died on the first click.. the windows game always had it so that couldn't happen, you might want to change that, not really an essential thing though. It works good and the GUI looks nice. In addition to the right click for mines I really like the right and left click together to automatically cancel everything that isn't a mine. Only other suggestion I have is to change the contrast a little between the empty places and the ones where you haven't clicked yet. I was getting a confused because they just seemed to similar.

Side note a little off topic: Anyone know why windows 7 decided to take out their games? I really enjoyed being able to play those whenever I was bored..

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]