NEW Bie to AutoIT.Small Question

Hi Experts,

I am a New Guy to this AutoIt. My requirement is ., I need to record and play some events on IE.Does AutoIT Support this ? I see there is a seperate tool AutoItRecorder.exe. Is this the one who is going to help me in recording the things ? But when I download AutoIt ., it didn't installed along with it. I installed it seperately .So., is that the way it is supposed to be installed ?

Looking forward to hear from any of u.

- Thank in advance

-Wishes,

VKS.

Hello vasuvunna,

I have noticed that AutoItRecorder.exe did not come with my last fresh install either. Please don't quote me, but I believe I did read somewhere that it is no longer included with the install. However, If you downloaded the full package, or The Scite package from this site as well. Then you have a barebone copy, that in my opinion is better to use. In the AU3 version of Scite's File Menu under Tools, there is AU3Recorder. If you have a script open, and as long as it has been saved somewhere, you will be able to use it. It will open a small option interface with a run button. When you press Stop, it will automatically place code broken into regions in your script. For some reason it places a ") in the trailing part of the first region, this will break your script, so all you have to do is delete the trailing ") and then your script will be run ready to duplicate the recorded actions :graduated:

Realm

Edit. You also might want to look at the IE UDF that is included with the official AutoIt3 install. There is also great documentation on that UDF found in the Help File.

Edited by Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry.