Hide Running App

Hi,

I am doing an installation of an app that I would like to keep hidden as it's being executed. The @SW_HIDE function only hides one window at a time. Is there a way to keep the whole operation hidden from view, even if I've got a message window up all the time while the app is installing. Something like a "silent mode". I'd rather not have my passwords, etc.. be know to the user. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Heisenberg was probably right...

$ShowTray = 1

Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)

WinSetState(".....", "", @SW_HIDE

The ..... is the file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mosquito,

This function is good, but it only hides a window, not the app. I'm looking for a way to put up a message box that says WAIT. Nothing else should be visible. It should stay up until the app running in background is complete, and then a new message box pops up that says, DONE.

This is easy to do in KIXtart, (the only thing) with a -s after the exe, but I don't see anything like that in AutoIt.

Am I asking for too much? :(

No you arent asking for too much. You would have to do a search for all window titles. I think there is a UDF made for that some where. (Search the forum in scripts and scraps for Window Title Search.) You could then check to make sure only the window you want visible (your GUI or MsgBox) is visible.

Just some thoughts. It can be done, but you have to be creative and come up with a workable solution.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

This is easy to do in KIXtart, (the only thing) with a -s after the exe, but I don't see anything like that in AutoIt.

Am I asking for too much?  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a install parameter, sent to the installer for silent install?

If you wanted to install AutoIt, then you could just:

Run("AutoIt-v3.1.1.exe /S")

This is not a AutoIt or KIXtart thing. This is just using parameters (some call switches).

You can put a SplashTextOn() after it, for display.

Run ("Install.exe","",@SW_Hide)
SolidSnake,

Here's the code I have:

If Not FileExists("C:\Program Files\App1\app1.exe")  Then
    Run("\\MyServer\Appinstalls\MyApps\client_setup.exe", "", @SW_HIDE)

Doesn't hide anything. :(

I've discovered that I really have to compensate for some of the things I try to by changing directories first and still using complete path,etc.. Could there be something else missing? (Duh!)

SolidSnake,

Here's the code I have:

If Not FileExists("C:\Program Files\App1\app1.exe")  Then
    Run("\\MyServer\Appinstalls\MyApps\client_setup.exe", "", @SW_HIDE)

Doesn't hide anything. :(

I've discovered that I really have to compensate for some of the things I try to by changing directories first and still using complete path,etc.. Could there be something else missing? (Duh!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats odd. :( Maybe it is one of those apps that don't follow the standard rules for its GUIs.If it is then you would have to hide each window as it appears. : Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.