Read exel without it installed

xilace

Currently my script reads values from an excel file on a computer with excel installed. It converts it into csv, to the format that is needed. You then have to take that to the server to run step 2 where it reads the csv file.

I'm trying to take out the need of step one and have it be able to read excel directly without it installed. I have found the following useful http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2008/09/11/how-can-i-read-from-excel-without-using-excel.aspx

That doesn't work for xlsx though. It would also require turning off code signing in powershell and of course incorporating powershell into my script. I'd rather not have to turn off code signing. I also cant sign the powershell script as we are always using this on different servers and the import/export would be to much on the techs to do.

Anybody have any other ideas or thoughts?

Thanks much in advance!

Hallo.

Not sure is it that what you exactly want to do but i think this can be right direction.

IMHO if you have specified .csv file (generated by script) and if you need read it without excel i think right way would be using re-revers way for that file(structure).

I mean 'cut' some standart on fly from that file and then out it to any control for example.

Cheers.

[size="5"] [/size]