Using AutoIT C# as a COM interface

mavor

Hello everyone!

I am trying to get autoIT to work in my C# project, and have got as far as adding the AutoITX3Lib as a COM object. However.. now... I cannot figure out how to actually drill down to the methods of the library!

Doing something such as... "AutoItX3 myAuto = new AutoItX3();" impliments myAuto as an interface that I can then use to perform method calls correct? However, when trying to do so I get the error... "myAuto" is a 'field' but is used like a 'type' .. ? How can I drill down into the COM interface and actually call some of these methods?

It's quite frustrating and I couldn't find *anything* regarding working with the library as a COM object.. I am building my project using .NET 4 and visual studio 2010.

Thank you for your help everyone!

Your declaration is correct. The error you posted is likely not occurring on the same line as the declaration right?

Yes, here I have a pastebin of the relevant code: http://pastebin.com/BjXqqDbe

Why can't i drill down into the method like this? What am I doing wrong?

I would just like to perform the ControlSend method but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do so. This is a C# project, and the AutoItX3Lib was added as a COM object (so an assembly was automatically created).

Please help :graduated:

**I would just like to add that I have tried a different approach, and basically used DLL import to wrap up and bring in the functions from the autoitx3.dll.

ex.. [DllImport("AutoItX3.dll", SetLastError = true, CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]

static public extern int AU3_ControlSend([MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)] string Title

, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)] string Text, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)] string Control

, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)] string SendText, int Mode);

and then in my main class i write:

void test = AutoItX3Declarations.AU3_ControlSend("Test Text","",etc...);

But get the error "cannot implicitly convert type 'void' to 'void'" .. I think i'm close to the solution but... why can't I call this? Arghh

AND.. if i use it this way: " AutoItX3Declarations.AU3_Send("Test Text", 1);" it says "AU3_Send" is a method but is used like a type... What the heck? I thought to run a static method from a static class you can just mention the class as the location and then go hard with the method? But it think's i'm using it as a type?

Edited by mavor

You should learn the basics of C#.

exmaple scriptzor

namespace ConsoleApplication1
{
    class Program
    {

public static AutoItX3Class AU3 = new AutoItX3Class();// create instance

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            AU3.WinWait("Untitled - Notepad");
            Console.WriteLine("Wait Finished");
            Console.Read();
        }
    }
}

Steve

EDIT: When you add the DLL make sure you change its Embed Interop Type property to False

Edited by Steveiwonder

They call me MrRegExpMan

• 7 months later...

When i try to add dll to refrences i get error

"The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest"
. Do you know how to do it right?

I tried registring the dll with command

regsvr32.exe AutoItX3.dll

EDIT: hmm - wrong thread and it is magically started to work

Edited by evlo