Checkboxes in Listview?

I remember writing a program once and I needed a variable number of check boxes. After trying to write a routine to handle a variable number of check boxes (placing them, checking and setting them, etc) I found out that you could make a listview box have a check box next to each item in the box.

Is this a normal function of a listview control, or what that some kind of hack?

If it's normal, its there a way to get this functionality in AutoIt?

I remember writing a program once and I needed a variable number of check boxes.  After trying to write a routine to handle a variable number of check boxes (placing them, checking and setting them, etc) I found out that you could make a listview box have a check box next to each item in the box.

Is this a normal function of a listview control, or what that some kind of hack?

If it's normal, its there a way to get this functionality in AutoIt?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's normal, window's listview can even handle images, not sure the listview in the autoit gui can as of yet.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

And yes AutoIt can perfrom List View boxes at this time. Download one of the latest BETA's from the Dev section and search the help file for '_GUICtrlListViewGetCheckedState' or '_GUICtrlListViewSetCheckedState'.

qq

See "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3"

Screenshot at http://www.autoitscript.com/images/gui_eg1.png

#include <GuiConstants.au3>
GuiCreate("Tree with checkboxes")
GuiSetState()

$treeTwo = GuiCtrlCreateTreeView(95, 90, 103, 80, $TVS_CHECKBOXES)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("TreeView", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("With", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("tvs_checkboxes", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Style", $treeTwo)

While GuiGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
WEnd
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Thank you all. And thanks to Cyberslug for pointing out the obvious :( I used the TreeView and TreeViewItems, and because of the way they work, I didn't have to change any code (just the code that creates them) Neat.