Why cant I talk about game automation?

"I read these forums all the time"

If that were true, you would have seen the many many threads about this, and wouldnt need to ask the question.

My guess is that you just cannot be bothered looking and want the link to just click

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

"If that were true, you would have seen the many many threads about this, and wouldn't need to ask the question.

My guess is that you just cannot be bothered looking and want the link to just click"

Yes, I am. Actually if you had bothered to read my post instead of adding to your post count then maybe you'd know that I want an explanation of why. Why can't we? Read before you post. Save us both some time :graduated:

• 2 weeks later...

You'd think they'd automate something like that here and save some time. :x

That's a good idea. Either that or just filter everything out that says why or game.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

We did have bots that checked posts but the extra load on the server was just too much and it made it difficult for our supreme ruler to diagnose forum problems when they were running.

For the OP:

At one time some game automation posts were allowed, as long as they didn't violate any TOS of the game site. People were forver having to check the TOS of sites to see if that was the case. Easier to just put an end to it period.

Gamers in general seem to think we are here to write their code for them and we are not here to write code for anyone, so bot posts in general become a PITA.

Jon even went so far as to open a separate forum for gamers at one time, that quickly deteriorated to the point where it had to be closed.

Bots are usually considered cheating around here and we have no respect for people who want to cheat their way through life.

Moderating game threads is a major job for the Moderator group and they don't need that extra work load. Fortunatly for many, I'm not a Mod or our membership whould see a decline very quickly. With me Moderating Valik would look like a pussy cat.

Edit:

Forgot to add that it is perfectly acceptable for you to pass on, to your friends in the gaming world, the news that questions about automating on-line games are not allowed on the AutoIt forums. That should save a few the extra time to register here when they won't be getting an answer anyway.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

"If that were true, you would have seen the many many threads about this, and wouldn't need to ask the question.

My guess is that you just cannot be bothered looking and want the link to just click"

Yes, I am. Actually if you had bothered to read my post instead of adding to your post count then maybe you'd know that I want an explanation of why. Why can't we? Read before you post. Save us both some time :x

I read your post just fine, my answers still holds, it's been explained to death.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I read your post just fine, my answers still holds, it's been explained to death.

Many times over. I just wish they would get the message to tell other Botters that they shouldn't bother to come here for help with game bots.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"