How to make more robust automation script for Ati CCC.

Hello i am wondering if there is any way to make this script more robust.

What it does is that it starts on Desktops & Display screen in Catalyst Control Center.

Then it tabs all the way to the Graphics menu and then presses down 2 times and then enter to select Desktop Properties.

On Desktop Properties it selects the first monitor and then reactivates ati color controls after that it changes gamma, brightness

and contrast settings and presses ok.

I want to make it more robust so it can't fail even though something happens in the background so it loses focus or some other program

or window pops up that makes it impossible for the script to be successfull or someones tries to control the mouse or keyboard at the time the script is executed.

Opt("SendKeyDelay",400)
Run("ccc.exe")
sLEEP(6000)
WinWaitActive("CATALYST")
send("{TAB 11}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{DOWN 2}")
Send("{ENTER}")
;next window comes up that has mode and color buttons.
sLEEP(3000)
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{UP}")
Send("{RIGHT}")
Send("{TAB 3}")
Send("{R}") ; Reactivate ati color controls

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{UP 3}")

Send("{TAB 3}")

send("{UP 15}")

Send("{TAB 3}")

send("{UP 15}")

Send("{TAB 4}")

Send("{ENTER}")
Edited by fusion400

I dont know what that is, but maybe the exe has some command line options you might want to look into.

No that was my first thought of trying to automate it through simple cmd line options or the registry.

But none worked this was the only way but i want to make it failsafe now.

Hello fusion400,

If you can't find command line options try looking into functions ControlSend(), ControlCommand(), ControlClick(), & ControlFocus(). There are handful of other useful Control Functions that may be better to use depending on th situation, and the Help file is well documented with examples on these functions.

Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

ok i have tried to find all the controls but i run into trouble with the menu i just can't get identification of specific

menu row.

Is there any way to get this information the autoit window info can't seem to get the info.

I have included screenshot as an attached file.

post-56904-0-05044900-1290952538_thumb.p