You know how sometimes you need "fresh eyes" on a problem?

GregThompson

So an email comes in, it meets a rules requirements to have X done to it. X, in this case is me wanting to take a computer name from the body of the email (which always comes in the same TXT format), and run a script I have against it to do some due diligence.

To date, if I leave Outlook running on my machine I can accomplish this in various ways, having the rule run an AutoIT script using the Outlook.udf. Or I can use a VBA I wrote to export the email to an Excel sheet and have another AutoIT watch the XLS for any updates and again, do my stuff.

The problem I need to overcome, is if Outlook is NOT running, in other words, all these methods so far are Client-Side... does any way of just dumping the body of an email exist that is NOT considered Client-Side?

I could... but then the email client would have to run on a computer somewhere, much like my existing problem keeping Outlook running. The ultimate goal is to have specific emails dump out server-side via a NON-Client-Side rule. My only other way, that I'm already doing is on a timer... every 5 minutes, parse an Outlook folder, dump it's contents to TXT and delete the emails in the folder. Works great, but again, I'm keeping a computer on for this, and if god forbid we have a power flash or something I'm hosed.