Detect window text and if I double clicked or only clicked on it

Hy, I know that the mouse click question has been asked various times but I didn´t find an answer for my question (or I didn´t search where I should).

Anyway, I would like to capture the mouse click or doubleclick on the active window (that could be any application).

Any help would be apreciated. Thankyou

Learn, learn and ... learn

Hy, I know that the mouse click question has been asked various times but I didn´t find an answer for my question (or I didn´t search where I should).

Anyway, I would like to capture the mouse click or doubleclick on the active window (that could be any application).

Any help would be apreciated. Thankyou

The helpfile says this but I'm not getting so far with it. maybe you understand it more and find what you need :graduated:

System Event

System events - such as the GUI closing - are sent in a similar way to Control event, but the event type is defined by @GUI_CTRLID. The event is sent to the function defined with GUISetOnEvent. The possible system event values are shown here:

$GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

$GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE

$GUI_EVENT_RESTORE

$GUI_EVENT_MAXIMIZE

here are mousebuttonevents

$GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN

$GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP

$GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYDOWN

$GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYUP

$GUI_EVENT_MOUSEMOVE

$GUI_EVENT_RESIZED

$GUI_EVENT_DROPPED

Edited by Chaosmeister

The helpfile says this but I'm not getting so far with it. maybe you understand it more and find what you need :graduated:

System Event

System events - such as the GUI closing - are sent in a similar way to Control event, but the event type is defined by @GUI_CTRLID. The event is sent to the function defined with GUISetOnEvent. The possible system event values are shown here:

$GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

$GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE

$GUI_EVENT_RESTORE

$GUI_EVENT_MAXIMIZE

here are mousebuttonevents

$GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN

$GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP

$GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYDOWN

$GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYUP

$GUI_EVENT_MOUSEMOVE

$GUI_EVENT_RESIZED

$GUI_EVENT_DROPPED

This is your AutoIt Gui functions. I want to trap an externall window double click. In fact I want to monitor a specific window of a specific app and when I detect a double click on it I want to fire up an event. It´s an ms access app so I can´t access controls on that window but if I could detect an double click (that is made only ine one situation) I could fire up my trigger.

Thank you.

Edited by realshyfox

Here GaryFrost has done what I was looking for. :(

Now I am going to work a litle on it to see if I can put it my way (receive notifications from an external window). :graduated: I shall come back when I´m done.

:D

Edit:

_Kurt has done it for me long time ago. If someone else is interested then go to

Edited by realshyfox