Error with Excel UDF

Hey everyone,

I'm running into the same error over and over again, no matter what I try. I simply want to use the _ExcelSheetUsedRangeGet() function from the ExcelCOM_UDF in this little script:

Func _opentextfile()
$oExcel = _ExcelBookOpenTxt("C:\script.txt", ",", 1, 1, -4142, False, 1)
$array = _ExcelSheetUsedRangeGet($oExcel, 1)
MsgBox(0, "Test", "There are " & $array[2] & " columns in the excelfile")
EndIf
EndFunc

Converting the textfile to an excelfile works perfectly and any other function from the ExcelCOM_UDF file works too. But even before the Messagebox can pop up, the console gives the following error:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCOM_UDF.au3 (2303) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:

$aSendBack[2] = Number($sTemp[1])

$aSendBack[2] = Number($sTemp^ ERROR

->12:31:18 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1

>Exit code: 1 Time: 3.262

I've tried downloading the UDF file again to see if that would help, but I still get the error so nothing seems to be wrong with it. What am I missing or doing wrong? The created excelfile contains 6 columns and 5 rows.

Edited by Michiel78

Any chance you are using a language other than English? The string format of an R1C1 address is different in other languages and the RegExp pattern might not get valid info in $sTemp.

Note that UDF is not actively supported anymore, since most of the functions were moved into the standard Excel.au3 UDF that now ships with AutoIt.

:graduated:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law