ListView hold down Ctrl or Shift to select multiple items?

CGRemakes

Is there an option or easy way to make it so people can hold down ctrl or shift to be able to select multiple items in a listview. I didn't see any flag or option, but I may have just overlooked it. I'm sure it's possible to program it (and I'm pretty sure I even know how), but I'm hoping the work has already been done for me. Thanks!

The listview default style is bitor($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $LVS_SINGLESEL), where $LVS_SINGLESEL forces the selection of a single row only. Just set the style to $LVS_REPORT.

Excellent! I figured there must be something like that already written. No need to reinvent the wheel. Works like a charm.

You will also need another function, if you plan on doing anything with the list, as if you try to read the GuiCtrl it will only populate one of the listed items.

#Include <GuiListBox.au3>
_GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hWnd)
Edited by nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

You will also need another function, if you plan on doing anything with the list, as if you try to read the GuiCtrl it will only populate one of the listed items.

#Include <GuiListBox.au3>
_GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hWnd)

Thanks for the extra note, because I am having trouble accessing the selected information. What I'm trying to do is allow them to select from the list, and click on a button to export that information to a CSV file. I've looked at the extra information you pointed out, but I'm not sure how to use that in conjunction with a listview. I tried _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems and _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText, and I don't get information with it (maybe because I'm using a ListView, not a ListBox?). I'm trying to get the value of the entire row for each selected item. I also tried using _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices, and it does return the indicies of the selected items, but I'm not sure what to do with that information once I have it. I don't see a function that lets me select an entire row's information based on index. _GUICtrlListView_GetItem seems to just return the first column's value if I display the [3] element in the array of the returned information. Is there an easier way?

EDIT: Think I got it figured out using _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices and _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString.

Edited by CGRemakes

Look at

LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ListViewConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIListView.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 355, 226, 192, 114)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("col1|col2|col3", 48, 16, 250, 150, BitOR($LVS_REPORT,$LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS), BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT))
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 50)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 50)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 2, 50)
$ListView1_0 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("a1|b1|c1", $ListView1)
$ListView1_1 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("a2|b2|c2", $ListView1)
$ListView1_2 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("a3|b3|c3", $ListView1)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 136, 184, 75, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            MsgBox(4160, "Information", "Selected Indices: " & _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($ListView1))
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by Zedna

The above code works for getting the index, but not the string - use _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString, and then split the string into an array or what have you.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll