Opening Files from specific directory location and selecting a specific file and clicking open?

Hi,

Just been playing about with AutoIt and so far so good, have had some positive results. I just wondered im trying to select a specific file location when clicking file>open within a third party application i have running. And also i want to select a specific file once at the location and click the open button that is diplayed. Is there any sample code for this as im having a difficult time doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Edited by simpleraison

Since no-one knows what software you are trying to automate, I doubt you will get much of a response.

Your best bet, is to post the code you have been trying.

Another way might be to open the file with the application from within autoit.

I am assuming you are looking for something like this:

WinWait('[TITLE:Open File; CLASS:#32770]', '&Open') ;Wait for File-Open Dialouge
ControlSetText('[TITLE:Open File; CLASS:#32770]', '&Open', 'Edit1', $CmdLine[1])    ;Input Command Line variable 
ControlClick('[TITLE:Open File; CLASS:#32770]', '&Open', 'Button2') ;Click OK Button

I am assuming you are looking for something like this:

WinWait('[TITLE:Open File; CLASS:#32770]', '&Open') ;Wait for File-Open Dialouge
ControlSetText('[TITLE:Open File; CLASS:#32770]', '&Open', 'Edit1', $CmdLine[1])    ;Input Command Line variable 
ControlClick('[TITLE:Open File; CLASS:#32770]', '&Open', 'Button2') ;Click OK Button

Hey varian that was near enough perfect LOL! Ok so here is the code i adapted to from what you gave me

WinWaitActive("Import keywords from...", "")
ControlSetText("Import keywords from...", '&Open', 'Edit1', "C:\Documents and Settings") ;Open directory
ControlClick("Import keywords from...", '', '&Open') ;Click Open Button

Ok the last line clicks the open button in the window to open the file folder to 'C:\Documents and Settings'. Now whats the processes available to select a file thats in there? For example how could i select a file with a name of 'test1' in the folder? Also this is a far stretch but how could i do it where i can get the application back to this exact part of the process once it has completely finished to select the next file which is 'test2' and then 'test3'. Move all the files into a archive folder in the 'C:\Documents and Settings' folder and then when the loop finds no more files it completes the process by shutting down!

Thanks vey much for your help so far peeps. :-)

Edited by simpleraison

Since no-one knows what software you are trying to automate, I doubt you will get much of a response.

Your best bet, is to post the code you have been trying.

Its a third part application i had coded by someone else so i doubt anyone has it! But its cool dude, varian has seemed to have cracked what i as looking for!