Passing text from python to autoit script

toinbis

Hi everyone!

I'm developing a python program which, as part of it's functionality, executes autoit script (*.exe mode), for instance, i want python script to generate 100 lines of text and launch autoit script which would open notepad and enter that text there. I wonder what is the best practice for program to pass the mulit-line strings to the script as parameters? The obvious choice for me seems to be that program creates a text file and then autoit script reads it. But that's quite a routinary task - setting the same structure of a file in a python script, then describing relevant variables in autoit script, reading files, assigning the data of the file to autoitscript... maybe there is a more straightforward way? In case there is no simpler way, i wonder how to easily 'paste' the text with autoit script - let's say, of my input is more than 500 lines, sending them with the "Send()" function doesn't appear to be the most elegant solution on earth. I am thinking of Clipput()and ClipGet() methods - is that what people use most ofte to solve the given problem?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

to

If Python allows to read & write the stdio of the started process, you could use that to send the text.

AN alternative would be WM_COPYDATA if you manage to send this message from Python. AutoIt can receive and send it.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

• 2 weeks later...