How to check if a button is active (not greyed out) before continuing?

Hey guys is there any code which will help me check either if a button comes out of being greyed out whilst doing a process before continuing with the remaining commands?

I could do it vice versa on the other hand and wait for a button to become not active before proceeding too!

Thanks guys. :-)

GuiCtrlGetState()

See help file.

:graduated:

Edit: As Zedna said, ControlCommand() makes more sense if it's not your own script's GUI.

:(

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

If button is in other application then use

ControlCommand() with 'IsEnabled' command

Dude here is the code i am currently using but it seems as if it doesnt do anything?? :-(

$isvisible = ControlCommand ( "Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "IsEnabled")
WinWaitActive($isvisible, "", 1000000000000000000000000000)

Dude here is the code i am currently using but it seems as if it doesnt do anything?? :-(

$isvisible = ControlCommand ( "Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "IsEnabled")
WinWaitActive($isvisible, "", 1000000000000000000000000000)

While ControlCommand("Slow Commenter", "", "Button2","IsEnabled","") = 0
 Sleep(50)
WEnd
MsgBox(0,'','Now it is enabled.')

While ControlCommand("Slow Commenter", "", "Button2","IsEnabled","") = 0
 Sleep(50)
WEnd
MsgBox(0,'','Now it is enabled.')

Zedna this is the code i just tried but no joy at all, any more ideas! :-(

While ControlCommand("Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button2; INSTANCE:2]", "IsEnabled","") = 0
    Sleep(50)
WEnd MsgBox(0,'','Now it is enabled.')

I think the code should be

"[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]"
or
"Button2"
Also, I think that the final MsgBox should be on the line after the WEnd statement.

You can also try this

While 1
    Select
        Case Not WinExists("Slow Commenter", "")
            _Status("ERROR", "Window 'Slow Commenter' is not Visible", 2)
        Case Not ControlCommand("Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "IsVisible", "")
            _Status("ERROR", "Button2 is not Visible", 2)
        Case ControlCommand("Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "IsEnabled", "")
            _Status("Success", "Button2 is Enabled" & @LF & "Button2 is named " & ControlGetText("Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]"))
            Exit
        Case Not ControlCommand("Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "IsEnabled", "")
            _Status("ERROR", "Button2 is not enabled yet", 2)
    EndSelect
WEnd

Func _Status($Title = "", $Text = "", $TimeOut = 0)
    MsgBox(0, $Title, $Text, $TimeOut)
EndFunc   ;==>_Status

I think the code should be

"[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]"
or
"Button2"
Also, I think that the final MsgBox should be on the line after the WEnd statement.

You can also try this

While 1
    Select
        Case Not WinExists("Slow Commenter", "")
            _Status("ERROR", "Window 'Slow Commenter' is not Visible", 2)
        Case Not ControlCommand("Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "IsVisible", "")
            _Status("ERROR", "Button2 is not Visible", 2)
        Case ControlCommand("Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "IsEnabled", "")
            _Status("Success", "Button2 is Enabled" & @LF & "Button2 is named " & ControlGetText("Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]"))
            Exit
        Case Not ControlCommand("Slow Commenter", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "IsEnabled", "")
            _Status("ERROR", "Button2 is not enabled yet", 2)
    EndSelect
WEnd

Func _Status($Title = "", $Text = "", $TimeOut = 0)
    MsgBox(0, $Title, $Text, $TimeOut)
EndFunc   ;==>_Status

Varian thanks for the help so i added this code into the script all i get when the process is running and the button is greyed out is '_Status("ERROR", "Button2 is not enabled yet", 2)' and then the message box stays there whislt the process carries on running in the background and then i see the process finish in the background and the button become active and then nothing? I pressed ok in the message box but still nothing? Any ideas?

Varian thanks for the help so i added this code into the script all i get when the process is running and the button is greyed out is '_Status("ERROR", "Button2 is not enabled yet", 2)' and then the message box stays there whislt the process carries on running in the background and then i see the process finish in the background and the button become active and then nothing? I pressed ok in the message box but still nothing? Any ideas?

Where is "Button2"...on what screen? What is the Button Text?..I will try to recreate the problem on my end

Where is "Button2"...on what screen? What is the Button Text?..I will try to recreate the problem on my end

The button appears on a window which appears on top of the original application. And the text in the button is 'Close' The button is located in the window in the bottom right! Hope that helps let me know if you need any more information.