Finding difficulty on using _Arraydisplay function

Syed23

hi ,

I have a function which will check the proerties of the user from AD and i am passing into the array values. But i couldn't display it in proper way by using _ArrayDisplay function. I am just digging myseld for 5 hours to find the issue but i am not. Can some one help me.

For example i have pasted the code below.

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

Syed23,

You cannot display an array by cell number:

Global $array = _ArrayDisplay($array_user[0], "Active Directory Functions -  Complete Properties for user '" & $inp1 & "'")

You can do this by cell number:

If IsArray($array_user) Then MsgBox(0, "", $array_user[0])

I'm trying to understand what you want from your code ... perhaps this is better:

_ArrayDisplay($array_user, "Active Directory Functions -  Complete Properties for user '" & $inp1 & "'")
If $array_user[0] = 1 Then
    _FileWriteLog($logpath, "INFO>>" & "User Properties Infor>>  " & "User AD properties have been showed")
EndIf

You have numerous problems with the script. It's a good idea to declare Global variables at top of script under includes.

I have no idea where $array_user comes from. You need to declare it first.

Global $array_user[11]
Edited by ripdad

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

Hi ripdad,

i tried this below you mentioend code. But still it did not workout for me.Then only i posted my querry to you guys... My actual probelm is i am getting the user property from AD and i am passing it in to the Array variable. When i try to diplay all the array values tiogether in a sing Arraydisplay method it is not working. Hope i am making sense now? do u understand what i seeking from you?

[ autoIt ] ( Popup )_ArrayDisplay($array_user, "Active Directory Functions - Complete Properties for user '" & $inp1 & "'")If $array_user[0] = 1 Then _FileWriteLog($logpath, "INFO>>" & "User Properties Infor>> " & "User AD properties have been showed")EndIf

Syed23,

Are you getting any error messages?

Like ---> Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

Hi JamesBrooks,

If you see in the top most of the code you can see that i have declared it. still it did not work for me. orelse you want me to change the poistion of the decalration?

Global $adObj_displayName,$Form1,$Radio1,$Radio2,$Radio3,$Button1,$Button2,$Label2,$nMsg,$Input1,$Input2,$state,$array_user[12],$userName

Syed23,

This ...

Global $adObj_displayName,$Form1,$Radio1,$Radio2,$Radio3,$Button1,$Button2,

$Label2,$nMsg,$Input1,$Input2,$state,$array_user[12],$userName

is not in the script you provided in your first post. Are we missing some other parts? Edited by ripdad

Syed23,

This ...

is not in the script you provided in your first post. Are we missing some other parts?

sorry for that and you haven't missed anything :graduated: . i used that variable only for getting the user name detail... i mean i will get the user detail in InptuBox 1 and i will pass it into this variable.

Edited by Syed23

Syed23, play with this some ...

#include <array.au3>

Global $array_user[12]
$array_user[0] = 11

$array_user[1] = "user01"
$array_user[2] = "company"
$array_user[3] = "department"
$array_user[4] = "displayName"

_ArrayDisplay($array_user)

Syed23, play with this some ...

#include <array.au3>

Global $array_user[12]
$array_user[0] = 11

$array_user[1] = "user01"
$array_user[2] = "company"
$array_user[3] = "department"
$array_user[4] = "displayName"

_ArrayDisplay($array_user)

Hi ,

with the reference of above code i tried everything but still the result same. i followed the below steps. It did not work for me.

Scenario 1: I declared array and i passed the AD propertied in the array variable. Then i tried to display all the collective arrays in _ArrayDisplay it did not work.

Scenario 2: If i followed the same code whatever written above it resturns those string not the AD property whatever i fetches.

Scenario 3: After collecting all the AD property into Array variable if i try to display as below it works.

_ArrayDisplay($array_user[2]).

:graduated::(

Edited by Syed23

If I'm looking at the same functions you're looking at then I see where you might be getting the problems. For example, _AD_GetObjectProperties returns a 2D array, not a string containing the value of the property you're looking for, such as memberof. If you're putting that array into an element of another array, then _ArrayDisplay will only work using your last example, because all of the elements of your $array_user array are arrays themselves.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

If I'm looking at the same functions you're looking at then I see where you might be getting the problems. For example, _AD_GetObjectProperties returns a 2D array, not a string containing the value of the property you're looking for, such as memberof. If you're putting that array into an element of another array, then _ArrayDisplay will only work using your last example, because all of the elements of your $array_user array are arrays themselves.

Yeah.. I hope this will help me. I will give try and let you know the result..