Detecting double clicks on external window

Champak

I found a couple examples on detecting mouse activity on gui windows, but I need to detect them on a regular window...specifically double clicks. I tried adapting them to use on the standard window, but with no luck. Is there an example that I didn't see?

Edited by Champak

I found a couple examples on detecting mouse activity on gui windows, but I need to detect them on a regular window...specifically double clicks. I tried adapting them to use on the standard window, but with no luck. Is there an example that I didn't see?

You're mixing your vocabulary up there. Every graphical window you see on your computer is a GUI of some sort, except the console. AutoIt gives you the ability to make your own GUI just like every other interface you're probably looking at right now.

Any how, you want to detect double clicks on EVERY window except the one created by you, right?

Have you tried using writing a callback method and then hooking it into the mouse event chain with the _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx function? I'm no pro at this, but this would be where I would start, and there are many good examples of this type of coding in the forum.

Edit: in particular, please check out the code in this most amazing program and thread:

My hats off to the author. I'm not worthy. :graduated:

Edited by Fubarable