Disable IE scrollbars

muhmuuh

Hello!

I've got a question - is there a way to disable the vertical and horizontal scrollbars in an IE window? With the _IEPropertySet functoin I can disable the addressbar, the toolbar, the menubar but I didn't find a way to disable the scrollbars. Any ideas?

Many thanks

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

hmm...

It seems it doesn't work

This is my program and the scrollbars are still active

$ie=_IECreate('www.google.com', 0, 1, 0)
_IEPropertySet($ie, "width", 400)
_IEPropertySet($ie, "height", 350)
_IEPropertySet($ie, "addressbar", False)
_IEPropertySet($ie, "menubar", False)
_IEPropertySet($ie, "statusbar", False)
_IEPropertySet($ie, "toolbar", False)
_IEPropertySet($ie, "resizable", False)

_IELoadWait($ie)
$ie.document.body.scroll = "no"

Any ideas?

Edited by muhmuuh

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

They are from the document style

$ie.document.body.scroll = "no"

$ie.document.body.style.overflow = "hidden"

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Strange thing...

With this code it works (the scrollbars disapper)

#include <Ie.au3>
$ie=_IECreate('www.yahoo.com', 0, 1, 0)

_IELoadWait($ie)
$ie.document.body.scroll = "NO"

but with this one it doesn't (the scrollbars are still active)

#include <Ie.au3>
$ie=_IECreate('www.google.com', 0, 1, 0)

_IELoadWait($ie)

As you can see the only change is in the url (which I thought was not important in this situation). I can't find a reason why it works with yahoo.com and it doesn't with google.com :graduated:

Edit: After some more testing I found out that it works for some sites and for some it doesn't :( and I can't find any relation

Than in the IE documentation I found that

SCROLL=NO does-not prevent window-zoom-level (statusbar lower right) from putting-on horizontal scrollbars ....

(e.g. zoomed-in HD-narrowed pages scrollbar horizontally into colorspace at-whim).

The yahoo page is long and by default it has scrollbars, the google page is short and gets scrollbars only when the window is resized (like in my program). Is this why .scroll = "NO" works with yahoo and not with google? It sounds very weird to me...

I hope that you can understand the problem from my explanation. Many thanks in advance

Edited by muhmuuh

It works for me on google. I'm using IE8, you?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I'm afraid it is a bug in IE7... google IE7 overflow hidden and you will find a lot of matches... search and you may find a workaround.

Dale

• 9 months later...

Hello! I've got a question - is there a way to disable the vertical and horizontal scrollbars in an IE window? With the _IEPropertySet functoin I can disable the addressbar, the toolbar, the menubar but I didn't find a way to disable the scrollbars. Any ideas? Many thanks

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded()
$hGui = GUICreate('Test',800,600)
GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE,0,0,800,600)
_IENavigate($oIE,"http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/forum/2-general-help-and-support/")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGui)

_HideScroll($oIE)

Do
Until Sleep(10) * GUIGetMsg()==-3

Func _HideScroll($Temp_Object)
Local $hText = 'var temp_h1 = document.body.clientHeight;'& _
     'var temp_h2 = document.documentElement.clientHeight;'& _
     'var isXhtml = (temp_h2<=temp_h1&&temp_h2!=0)?true:false;'& _
     'var htmlbody = isXhtml?document.documentElement:document.body;'& _
     'htmlbody.style.overflow = "hidden";'
$Temp_Object.document.parentwindow.execscript($hText,"javascript")
EndFunc

#include

$ie=_IECreate('http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/', 0, 1, 0)

_IELoadWait($ie)

GUISetState()

Do

Until GUIGetMsg() = 1

Its far from perfect "i am new here" but is there any way i could put a loop that ends when IE is closed