Find specific IE tab

Hello all,

I am surprised at the lack of information I find on IE tabs. I am using IE 8. I need to write a script that will find a specific web page on a tab if it is open. With the work I do, I could have 5 or more IE sessions open, each of which can have many open tabs. The web page I need may or may not be open. I need to be able to find it if it is open, otherwise open it.

The site is a search page for my company, so the page I need to find could be the search page or the results page. If the search page isn't found I don't want it to create a new search page because it is possible that the results page is open. Just press "back" & you are at the search page. How can I write a script to do this?

I have this that works if the search page is open.

$oIE = _IECreate("http://lynengr.myco.com/pdmqry/pdmqry.html", 1,1,0,1)

do
    Send("^{TAB}")
until WinActive("Get Items from PDM Vault","")

This works great if the search page is open on a tab. But if the results page is open, a new instance of the search page is open. What I need is a way to:

Thanks for any help or direction you can give me.

Each tab is like a separate instance of IE. Use _IEAttach() and note the difference between "Title" and "WindowTitle" in the help file.

:graduated:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

What is the difference between "Title" and "WindowTitle"?

Title = (Default) sub-string of main document title

WindowTitle = sub-string of full window title (instead of document title)

This doesn't explain a lot. I assume the WindowTitle comes from the <title> code of the web page. Where do you find the document title?

Thanks,

No, you got that backwards. The <title> element is inside the document, and so that would be the document title used with "Title". The window title would be used "WindowTitle", and has a string added to it from the registry. So the document title might be "AutoIt Forums", while the window title would be "AutoIt Forums - Internet Explorer".

:graduated:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law