Need Help Using urlmon.dll Please

Electon

Hello everyone. I have figured out how to change things such as the user agent when using an embedded IE object in my autoit applications (thanks to some code I found around here). Here is my code to change user agents:

Func userAgent($agent)
    $agentLen = StringLen($agent)
    Dim $tBuff = DllStructCreate("char["&$agentLen&"]")
    DllStructSetData($tBuff, 1, $agent)
    $chk_UrlMkSetSessionOption = DllCall("urlmon.dll", "long", "UrlMkSetSessionOption", "dword", 0x10000001, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tBuff), "dword", $agentLen, "dword", 0)
EndFunc

Which works perfectly. Now I have a great need to set the proxy settings in this way. I am no pro at using DLLs though. The documentation for the DLL is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms775125(VS.85).aspx and has proxy options but I can't figure out how to do it. I would be extremely greatfull if someone could show me how to set http and socks proxies using this dll. Thank you.

Edited by Electon

Func _SetProxy($proxy, $proxybypass = "")
    Local INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY = 38;
    Local INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY = 3;
    Local $tBuff = DllStructCreate("dword;ptr;ptr")
    DllStructSetData($tBuff, 1, INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY)
    Local $pproxy = DllStructCreate("char[" & (StringLen($proxy) + 1) & "]")
    DllStructSetData($pproxy, 1, $proxy)
    DllStructSetData($tBuff, 2, DllStructGetPtr($pproxy))
    Local $pproxybypass = DllStructCreate("char[" & (StringLen($proxybypass) + 1) & "]")
    DllStructSetData($pproxybypass, 1, $proxybypass)
    DllStructSetData($tBuff, 3, DllStructGetPtr($pproxybypass))
    $chk_UrlMkSetSessionOption = DllCall("urlmon.dll", "long", "UrlMkSetSessionOption", "dword", INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tBuff), "dword", DllStructGetSize($tbuff), "dword", 0)
EndFunc

I believe this should work. It is untested though. Let me know what happens.

Func _SetProxy($proxy, $proxybypass = "")
    Local INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY = 38;
    Local INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY = 3;
    Local $tBuff = DllStructCreate("dword;ptr;ptr")
    DllStructSetData($tBuff, 1, INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY)
    Local $pproxy = DllStructCreate("char[" & (StringLen($proxy) + 1) & "]")
    DllStructSetData($pproxy, 1, $proxy)
    DllStructSetData($tBuff, 2, DllStructGetPtr($pproxy))
    Local $pproxybypass = DllStructCreate("char[" & (StringLen($proxybypass) + 1) & "]")
    DllStructSetData($pproxybypass, 1, $proxybypass)
    DllStructSetData($tBuff, 3, DllStructGetPtr($pproxybypass))
    $chk_UrlMkSetSessionOption = DllCall("urlmon.dll", "long", "UrlMkSetSessionOption", "dword", INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tBuff), "dword", DllStructGetSize($tbuff), "dword", 0)
EndFunc

I believe this should work. It is untested though. Let me know what happens.

Thank you. In what format should I pass the proxy/port to it? also, will it accept SOCKS5? I will paypal you for this help you're giving me. thank you so much.

Func _SetProxy($proxy, $proxybypass = "")     Local $INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY = 38     Local $INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY = 3     Local $tBuff = DllStructCreate("dword;ptr;ptr")     DllStructSetData($tBuff, 1, $INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY)     Local $pproxy = DllStructCreate("char[" & (StringLen($proxy) + 1) & "]")     DllStructSetData($pproxy, 1, $proxy)     DllStructSetData($tBuff, 2, DllStructGetPtr($pproxy))     Local $pproxybypass = DllStructCreate("char[" & (StringLen($proxybypass) + 1) & "]")     DllStructSetData($pproxybypass, 1, $proxybypass)     DllStructSetData($tBuff, 3, DllStructGetPtr($pproxybypass))     $chk_UrlMkSetSessionOption = DllCall("urlmon.dll", "long", "UrlMkSetSessionOption", "dword", $INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tBuff), "dword", DllStructGetSize($tbuff), "dword", 0) EndFunc

there was a syntax error in there i fixed with those local variables. I tried to pass the function the SOCKS proxy in the form of ip:port and then the page wouldn't load.

I'm not familiar with the code at all. I merely translated it from MSDN. I'll look around and see what I can find on SOCKS proxy.

Ok, pass the parameter like "socks=127.0.0.1:12345" And replace the IP and port with whatever you have.

nice. I had tried that before and it didn't work (im used to the registry setting). the SOCKS i was using must have died because its working now. Thank you. PM me your paypal addy if you intend to collect a reward.

No reward needed. I only helped because I understand translating structs from the MSDN can be difficult for languages like AutoIt.

would you consider writing a tutorial on doing it in autoit? being able to do this greatly extends what can be done.

• 3 years later...