AutoIt Windows Screenshooter v1.84 Build 2019-08-18

UEZ

Another idea: can somebody check if the program crashes on [X] whether Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is enabled for all processes?

If yes, can you disable it or add Windows Screenshooter.exe to the exception list and test it again whether it is still crashing?

Thanks!

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Nobody has tested the DEP issue and has given a feedback! :graduated:

Anyway, I added a DEP check and hopefully this is the reason for the hard crash when closing the app from the [X] button at least for WinXP operating systems. Beside that issue, it will also hard crash when DEP is activated for all programs and services and Windows Screenshooter.exe isn't in the exclusion list and the About Intro has been started!

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Hmm, I assume some of you don't know what Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is! Have a look here: DEP FAQ

Br,

UEZ

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i not see the ruler.

The ruler how you probaly expect with a bitmap of a ruler it is not available yet. I've to find a way to rotate the ruler bitmap in any direction (angle) while you move your mouse around for the 2nd coordinate. Only vertical or horizontal ruler is too boring :)

You can measure 2 coordinates by opening the menu and select Ruler. You have to select the start coordinate and end coordinate (a line will be drawn between 2 coordinates).

Br,

UEZ

You can measure 2 coordinates by opening the menu and select Ruler. You have to select the start coordinate and end coordinate (a line will be drawn between 2 coordinates).

I not see in menu. Do it is available in winxp?

When you have opened it just press left mouse button on the camera icon on the left upper corner of the window. A menu will appear. There select Ruler. Have a look to the screenshot on the 1st post to see what I mean.

Br,

UEZ

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fixed some bugs e.g. memory leaks and added basic image editor (probably added some bugs with it ;) ).

Press rmb on the screenshot -> Image Editing -> Image Editor or use the window menu (left upper corner) to start it.

I implemented only simple functions, e.g. draw with a pen, highlighter, rectangle, ellipse, text. It's not perfect but a good start. :)

If you find any bugs please report it here

Btw, how can I create a gui as in "Snipping Tool" MS did? I used a main gui and a child gui which I don't like that way because of different focus when switching from toolbar to drawing area.They used only one gui. If the image is larger than the gui scrollbars will be used!

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

• 2 weeks later...

Upate to v1.46 Build 2012-05-01:

Change log:

fixed some bugs in Basic Image Editor (e.g. scrollbar -> control positioning) and added some more feature to Basic Image Editor: some more gfx FX, text rotation, backbuffer for all painting apps to avoid flickering, changed code for highlighting

To rotate the text just enter the text, move to the place where you want to have it and press and hold lmb. The text will be rotated on the dot axis when you move the mouse cursor left or right.

If you have some FAST graphic effects please let me know it. I can added it to the Basic Image Editor.

If you have any suggestion please let me know it.

Btw, how can I create a gui as in "Snipping Tool" MS did? I used a main gui and a child gui which I don't like that way because of different focus when switching from toolbar to drawing area.They used only one gui. If the image is larger than the gui scrollbars will be used!

Any suggestion here?

If you select "Check for updates" the mouse freezes for a second. Any idea why this happens?

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

_______      __        _______  __  
|   _   |.--.--.|  |_ .-----.|_  _||  |_
|      ||  |  ||   _||  _  | _|   |_ |   _|
|___|___||_____||____||_____||_______||____|  

o     o  o          8                          .oPYo.                                        8                    o           
8     8            8                           8                                              8                   8           
8     8 o8 odYo. .oPYo8 .oPYo. o   o   o .oPYo.   `Yooo. .oPYo. oPYo. .oPYo. .oPYo. odYo. .oPYo. 8oPYo. .oPYo. .oPYo.  o8P .oPYo. oPYo.
8  db  8  8 8' `8 8 8 8 8 Y. .P. .P Yb..         `8 8   ' 8  `' 8oooo8 8oooo8 8' `8 Yb..   8    8 8 8 8 8   8  8oooo8 8  `'
`b.PY.d'  8 8   8 8 8 8 8 `b.d'b.d'   'Yb.      8 8 . 8  8.  8.  8   8   'Yb. 8 8 8 8 8 8   8  8.    8  
`8  8'   8 8   8 `YooP' `YooP'  `Y' `Y'  `YooP'   `YooP' `YooP' 8    `Yooo' `Yooo' 8   8 `YooP' 8   8 `YooP' `YooP'   8  `Yooo' 8   
::..:..:::....::..:.....::.....:::..::..:::.....::::.....::.....:..:::::.....::.....:..::..:.....:..:::..:.....::.....:::..::.....:..::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::v1.46 Build 2012-05-01 Final:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Key Features:

• takes easily a screenshot from any visible window
  • capture any region of the desktop incl. freehand capturing
  • capture GUI controls and GUI menus separately
  • capture to AVI file
  • takes a screenshot from web sites (available only on Vista+ os and when Aero is enabled)
  • put images to clipboard to paste to other applications easily
  • color picker
  • save image in different formats and also to PDF!
  • add timestemp to saved images
  • simple image editing options: greyscale, b&w, invert, rotate +-90°
  • send image to printer and default email client
  • preview of captured screens incl. zoom option
  • multi monitor support
  • display pixel color under mouse
  • ruler
  • basic image editor (paint, highlight, ellipse, rectangle, text and some graphic FX
  • no 3rd party tools or DLLs used - pure AutoIt!
  • fully portable - no installation is needed
To do:
  • capture content of scrollable window/control
  • capture cascaded menus
Due to DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "PrintWindow", "hwnd", $hWnd, "handle", $hMemDC, "int", 0) limitation some windows cannot be captured properly (GDI+, ProgDVB, etc.) but can take screenshots of hidden windows. One workaround is to use full screen capturing (F11/F12) or "Grab Screen" function! Or try double click with rmb on listview items (beta). :D

Main GUI: / About Intro: / Basic Image Editor

/ post-29844-0-91733200-1320914890_thumb.j / post-29844-0-95596500-1334779005_thumb.j

Credits:

• main code by UEZ
  • additional code (alphabetical order) by AndyG, Authenticity, eukalyptus, _Kurt, martin, monoceres, ProgAndy, taietel, TheShadowAE, trancexx, Ward and Yashied!
It is designed for Vista+ operating systems with AERO enabled!

Be aware to deactivate DEP or add Windows Screenshooter exe to the exception list otherwise it will hard crash on some functions, e.g. About Intro, image editing functions.

Code is too long to post it here directly! Sorry. :)

Download source code (1412 downloads previously): AutoIt Windows Screenshooter (508kb)

Compiled Exe only: 4shared.com / MediaFire.com (1.03mb)

Use following keys:

User your mouse to scroll preview window or

Numpad ↑ 8: Scroll preview window up

Numpad ↓ 2: Scroll preview window down

Numpad ← 4: Scroll preview window left

Numpad → 6: Scroll preview window right

Numpad +: zoom in preview window or mousewheel down

Numpad -: zoom out preview window or mousewheel up

F5: refresh Windows Name list

PRINTSCREEN: take screenshot from whole screen using PRINTSCREEN code

ALT+PRINTSCREEN:take a screenshot from active window using ALT+PRINTSCREEN build-in code

F10: Undo made changes with Image Editing function

F11: take screenshot from whole screen incl mouse cursor

F12: take screenshot from whole screen

Ctrl+Alt+F12: take a screenshot of active window using alternative screenshot functionality (beta). should work also for some games :D !

Double click with rmb on list items to use alternative screenshot functionality (beta)!

When 'Grab Screen' is clicked you can hold down the ctrl key to switch to 'grab controls' mode. Control under mouse will be framed red.

ctrl + shift will take the screenshot of appropriate control. To capture GUI menues you can press rmb which simulates the lmb. When a menu is opened press shift additionaly to capture it.

Press and hold only the shift key to capture any region on the desktop using freehand capturing - release it so capture marked regions!

Or just mark resizeable area which you want to grab. Press return key to grab marked area.

When saving the image just enter the extension you whish to use (*.jpg;*.png;*.bmp;*.gif;*.tif;*.pdf). Big thanks to taietel for his PDF UDF!

Maybe it is useful for someone...

Any kind of comment is welcome.

Br,

UEZ

Change log:

2010-12-09: made some modifications to the code. GUIRegisterMsg($WM_PAINT, "Redraw") and GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCPAINT, "Redraw") not working properly on os less than Vista, added About intro ;-), to test progDVB in progress, added clipboard button

2010-12-11: made some adjustments to some parts -> calling it now final

2010-12-15: added ♬ chip tune ♫ to About part. Now source code too large to post here in the window directly!

2010-12-16: switched from fmod.dll to bassmod.dll because bassmod.dll is much smaller. Also changed xm chip tune...

2010-12-18: made some adjustments to some parts

2010-12-20: removed GUIRegisterMsg($WM_PAINT, "Redraw") and added _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect() do main While/Wend loop for a better GUICtrlCreateListView() selection (old one doing most time a drag'n'drop when selecting items in list view.

2011-01-07: added dancing gif animation to About intro part ;) and changed selection code in ListView section (thanks Oscar for some help).

2011-01-12: added web screenshot feature which is working only on Vista+ os and fixed some bugs. To do: zooming of preview window.

2011-01-15: added zoom and scroll feature to preview screen.

2011-01-16: fixed a bug.

2011-01-17: forgot to reset movement of preview screen - should be ok now.

2011-01-18: added full screen capture feature, mousewheel functionality for zooming preview screen and some little changes in About intro part. I think I reached now the end of developing this tool.

2011-01-19: mouse wheel is not working properly with listviews when focus is set to an listview item. Changed code.

2011-01-22: added preview and JPG save quality settings, some minor code adjustments - thanks Raupi for the help of some GUI issues.

2011-01-23: fixed a bug when grabbing a region on screen (MouseCoordMode wrongly set) and added reset function to reset preview screen after zooming or/and moving.

2011-01-24: when taking a screenshot from a web site (e.g. chip.de) a new IE window will be opened for any reason. Should be fixed now. Some small adjustments made.

2011-01-25: fixed flickering with WinXP of preview screen. Added screenshot from whole screen incl. mouse cursor and a timeout when making a screenshot from websites.

2011-01-26: added feature to scroll preview screen with mouse and fixed some small bugs.

2011-01-28: fixed "Put to Clipboard" function, added image editing function (b/w & greyscale) and alternative windows capturing function (double rmb click on listview elements)

2011-01-29: added bitmap invert function

2011-02-06: added Undo Ctrl menu

2011-02-27: added a zoom preview window when selecting "Grab Screen" for a more precise screen grab possibility. Fixed memory leak issue.

2011-02-27: fixing the memory leak caused that the clipboard not worked when creating screenshots from web sites - should be fixed now. Made some small modifications to the zoom preview window.

2011-03-01: some small adjustments in intro section to display child gui properly.

2011-03-14: added sort functionality for listview control + pixel color display in tooltip when grabbing screen area

2011-03-22: limited web screenshot max. height to 8192 pixel when IE9 is used otherwise screen will be white only; added time stamp feature to saved images (right buttom corner the current date and time will be added)

2011-04-16: added zoom level control with mouse wheel when capturing desktop region + some small modifications

2011-05-09: small adjustments on ToolTip when grabbing area on desktop (clever positioning of ToolTip window still needed to be done) and added ctrl+alt+F12 key to take screenshot from active window (should work also for some games in fullscreen)

2011-05-19: modified tooltip position when capturing desktop not to leave visible area

2011-07-27: fixed the crash bug on WinXP os when selecting program's handle + added function to send image to printer and execute saved image with default app.

2011-07-28: added DllClose() for opened dlls via DLLOpen() functions

2011-07-31: integrated windows print and alt+print functionality

2011-08-05: added feature to grab controls directly

2011-08-11: added feature to capture GUI menues (little bit tricky to do it), added cross crosshair in zoom window for a more precise screen capture and added sound when capturing is done

2011-08-13: added export to PDF format (thanks to taietel for the PDF UDF), just save the image as filename.pdf

2011-08-15: added image rotate 90° to left and right and changed key to make screenhot of controls

2011-08-16: added online versions check

2011-08-26: some internal changes and bug fixes, added sound when capturing has finished, program update check, open default mail client to paste image and freehand capturing

2011-08-28: fixed some issues with WinXP display and non aero desktops

2011-08-30: memory leak bug fixed when doing freehand cpaturing

2011-09-05: GUI changed a little bit, added grab to AVI function (no compression available currently) and ruler, some bugs fixed

2011-09-06: fixed a bug when using ruler on multi monitor environment

2011-09-07: changed ruler function to work properly on WinXP and turned off blend effect when closing the tool for WinXP machines (maybe that is the reason for the crashes when pushing the X button

2011-09-09: some small adjustments to the ruler function

2011-09-12: fixed a bug when web page size is larger than 8192x8192, added option to recapture marked region

2011-09-17: added compression feature when grabbing to AVI. It will use only build-in codecs!

2011-09-27: some internal modifications and added URL string to the bottom of the image when Screenshot a Web Site is used!

2011-10-07: added DEP check to avoid hard crash

2011-10-11: fixed a bug when AVI compression window was canceled because AVI file handles weren't released. Embedded some icons instead loading them from a system DLL

2011-10-11: bug fixed for AVI creation (lenght wasn't correct)

2011-10-11: optimized avi capture loop for best performance (still slow because of AutoIt limitations!) and added manual screen area selection for creating avi file

2011-10-30: some internal changes

2011-11-04: added memory fonts to About intro ;-)

2011-11-09: forgot to disable context menu while playing About intro

2011-11-17: changed grab region code. Now you can mark an area and resize marked area to do a more precise capturing

2011-11-17: some bugs in Grab Screen function fixed

2011-11-18: fixed a lot of bugs in Grab Screen function

2011-11-20: still fixed some bugs in Grab Screen function (grrr)

2011-12-01: some bugs in Grab Screen function found and changed screen capture windows a little bit

2011-12-15: small modifications and some bugs fixed

2011-12-16: fixed clipboard bug after AVI movie has been taken

2012-02-09: fixed preview aspect ratio and some small changes

2012-02-16: fixed a bug when printscreen was pressed - program was closing on clipboard error

2012-04-18: fixed some bugs, memory leaks and added a Basic Image Editor

2012-04-19: made small modifications to the Basic Image Editor and some bugs fixed

2012-05-01: fixed some bugs in Basic Image Editor (e.g. scrollbar -> control positioning) and added some more feature to Basic Image Editor: some more gfx FX, text rotation, backbuffer for all painting apps to avoid flickering, changed code for highlighting

Testing 'basic image editor', there are some problem:

1) When loading the GUI window, it twinkled

2) When clicking 'Rectangle' button(Or others) and holding the left mouse to move on the image, the image often disappeared

Suggestion: utilze others work, like the editor of 'Picpick', including its interface and funtion

http://www.picpick.org/external/picpick_large.png

Did you REALLY need to quote the ENTIRE post for that?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Testing 'basic image editor', there are some problem:

1) When loading the GUI window, it twinkled

2) When clicking 'Rectangle' button(Or others) and holding the left mouse to move on the image, the image often disappeared

Suggestion: utilze others work, like the editor of 'Picpick', including its interface and funtion

http://www.picpick.org/external/picpick_large.png

1) the happens because it refreshes the GUI elements by WM commands. I will check whether "twinkling" can be avoided

2) I tested it on several OS in my VM and I cannot reproduce your problem. Please give me some more information, e.g OS version, architecture, AutoIt version, etc.

Regarding PicPick: I already tested it and it is a great tool but I'm not a pro coder and why should I clone an existing program. Windows Screenshooter is as it is with its good and lame sides and I'm trying my best code it bug free regardless that I lost the overview of the code meanwhile.

Anybody else with the same problems using the image editor?

Br,

UEZ

1) the happens because it refreshes the GUI elements by WM commands. I will check whether "twinkling" can be avoided

2) I tested it on several OS in my VM and I cannot reproduce your problem. Please give me some more information, e.g OS version, architecture, AutoIt version, etc.

Regarding PicPick: I already tested it and it is a great tool but I'm not a pro coder and why should I clone an existing program. Windows Screenshooter is as it is with its good and lame sides and I'm trying my best code it bug free regardless that I lost the overview of the code meanwhile.

Anybody else with the same problems using the image editor?

Br,

UEZ

2) My OS: WinXP-SP3; Using your EXE file to test

Please see the video

post-61588-0-00368300-1335993206_thumb.g

Edited by runsnake

According to the gif animation you made I can see that you used an older version.

Can you try it with the latest version please?

I will try it tomorrow in my office with real WinXP.

Thanks for your feedback!

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ