Big problem with script :(

Hey ...

I just finished script to Everest Ultimate Edition, and this is the script - I used the tutorial of the Winzip in the Help File:

BlockInput(1)

WinWaitActive("Select Setup Language")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Setup - EVEREST Ultimate Edition")

Send("{ENTER}")

Send("!a")

Send("!n")

Send("C:\Program Files\Lavalys\EVEREST Ultimate Edition")

Send("{ENTER}")

Send("!d")

Send("{ENTER}")

Send("{ENTER}")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Setup - EVEREST Ultimate Edition", "Completing the EVEREST Ultimate Edition Setup Wizard")

Send("!f")

WinWaitActive("EVEREST Ultimate Edition Manual")

WinClose( "EVEREST Ultimate Edition Manual" )

WinWaitActive( "EVEREST Ultimate Edition [ TRIAL VERSION ]" )

Send("!h")

Send("{E}")

Send( "XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX" )

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("EVEREST")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("EVEREST Ultimate Edition")

Send("!f")

Send("{X}")

BlockInput(0)

It works great for me, seriously.. but I sent it to a friend and it not worked O_o ...

Why?!?!?!?!

How that's can be possible?

Works for me and no to him ?

He said it's cant pass the "I agree the.."

which I did:

Send("!a")

Send("!n")

Whyy? please help ! no one of my script works for someone else! only for me :help: Edited by SuperNatural

Are you on two different operating systems? At work I use XP but at home I have Windows 7 and sometimes my code does wonky things between the two versions.

[sub]My UDF[/sub][sub] - Basics and Time extensions. Great for those new at AutoIt, also contains some powerful time extensions for pros.[/sub][sub]ScrabbleIt[/sub][sub] - Scrabble done in pure AutoIt. (In Progress)[/sub][sub]Nerd Party Extreme | My Portfolio | [email="fett8802@gmail.com"]Contact Me[/email][/sub]

Well, if you're giving him the compiled .exe, make sure you compile it for the correct type of system. (Should be in the compile options). Other than that, I don't have too much experience with it. I don't do much with autoit in Windows 7. (Only because I hate Windows 7).

Besides that, in just looking at your script I don't see anything that windows versions should really mess up. The only problem I see is that you continuously WinWaitActive the same window title. While this is certainly understandable; because the window title doesn't change, it could mess things up. You may want to add in some text from each window that is unique to that window. For example:

WinWaitActive("Window Title","Text within the window")

Try that out.

-Fett

Edited by fett8802
[sub]My UDF[/sub][sub] - Basics and Time extensions. Great for those new at AutoIt, also contains some powerful time extensions for pros.[/sub][sub]ScrabbleIt[/sub][sub] - Scrabble done in pure AutoIt. (In Progress)[/sub][sub]Nerd Party Extreme | My Portfolio | [email="fett8802@gmail.com"]Contact Me[/email][/sub]

1. But if it works for me, without this unique text, why it doesn't work on someone else with XP OS?

And where can I compiled the script to windows 7 ?

2. And If for example, I want to do this:

FileInstall("E:\Driver\File.exe", @TempDir & "\File.exe", 1)

FileCopy(@TempDir & "\File.exe", "C:\Program Files\Driver-Soft\DriverGenius\DriverGenius.exe", 1)

I install in the script the crack that named Crack.exe to the temp folder,

then I copy it to C:\Program Files\Directory..

But:

If for exmaple, someone have the program files on G:\?

How can I do this ?

How can I copy a file to the program files \ driver soft \ driver genius directory, like the @TempDir?

Thanks a lot !!!

Edited by SuperNatural

see the part where you edited your script. You forgot to edit the line beneath. Truly, nobody wants to help you install the trial version of something and then crack it. I would find a more legit task to improve your skills.

I install in the script the crack that named Crack.exe to the temp folder,

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

I think you may have crossed the lines of both legality and morality with mention of Crack.exe

We try to maintain a certain standard around here and we don't help people with hacking software or writing code that helps breach a EULA or TOS.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"