AutoIT and SCCM

Matt83

Hey,

I'm trying to deploy an autoit exe to automate a really simple program install and it runs, but then never "finishes". I have it set to run as the system account (run as administrator) and when I open a cmd prompt as system it runs fine, seems to finish. Turning on interactive mode also works just fine but I'm not sure if that will work in a task sequence.

Has anyone successfully run autoit scripts with SMS/SCCM?

The client platform is windows 7 x64, sccm server is 2007 R3, UAC is set to always notify me.

Heres the code:

;Run TSPrepack

Run("\\perkinswill.net\pwit\Software\DA\AutoTURN61\AdminImage\TSPrePack.exe")

; Initial Setup Screen

WinWait("Prerequisite Pack", "&Install")

ControlSend("Prerequisite Pack","","&Install","!i")

WinWait("Prerequisite Pack Setup", "&Finish")

ControlSend("Prerequisite Pack Setup","","&Finish","!f")

Exit

In order for it to be able to install in a Task Sequence for OSD it needs to be a complete Silent install. If you are just wanting to kick off a task sequence to install a chain of programs but not in OSD but while a user is logged on (Interactive). Then the install does not need to be silent. I use autoit to install applications all of the time through SCCM.

No, an AutoIt program will work through SCCM OSD. It depends on how you are using AutoIt. So in the example you show you are wrapping another programs install routine with AutoIt and you are not able to suppress the original programs install windows. The script is just giving the necessary keystrokes needed for the program to install. So this install will not be silent and will most likely fail in the OSD process as the OSD process does not interact with the desktop, and you also have to remember when packaging a program for the OSD process you only have access to the Local machine registry and not the users. These have nothing to do with AutoIt but are limitations applied by the OSD process. Whereas if you wrote a simple script to install Java and then have it write the registry key to disable the next generation plug-in that will work in the OSD process as you can install Java silently via the command line. Your script will still work in SCCM but you just have to install it as an application outside of the OSD process after someone has already logged onto the computer. You also mention the UAC you do not have to worry about that as the SCCM Client takes care of it.