Edit a rich text document

I keep trying to make my project easier, by eliminating this hurdle, but there just is no way around it. i need to edit a rich text document. i tried to make the entire document in autoit, by using FileWriteLine() and coding in rtf. but, insterting a graphic was near impossiable. now i made an rtf 'template' with the graphic in it. but i need to edit the first few lines, with changing data. and of corse, i cant do this with FileWriteLine(), or _FileWriteToLine(), and i can't get any of the Word.au3 UDF's to work. Im just wondering the simplist solution to adding 2 to 6 lines of text to the top of an already existing rich text document. thanks.

Edited by redLabel

I created a Test1.rtf file, with one line of text, a graphic, then another line of text:

This is before the graphic.

<image here>

This is after the graphic.

Then I ran this script against it, and it worked fine:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiRichEdit.au3>

Global $hGUI, $hRTE, $sRTF = @ScriptDir & "\Test1.rtf", $aPos

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)
$hRTE = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hGUI, "", 20, 20, 460, 360)
GUISetState()

Sleep(2000)

_GUICtrlRichEdit_StreamFromFile($hRTE, $sRTF)

Sleep(2000)

$aPos = _GUICtrlRichEdit_FindTextInRange($hRTE, "before", 0, 20)
_GuiCtrlRichEdit_SetSel($hRTE, $aPos[0], $aPos[1])
_GUICtrlRichEdit_ReplaceText($hRTE, "_BEFORE_")

Sleep(2000)

_GUICtrlRichEdit_StreamToFile($hRTE, @ScriptDir & "\Test1_New.rtf")

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            _GUICtrlRichEdit_Destroy($hRTE)
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Changed the text in the first line to "This is _BEFORE_ the graphic." and saved it to the Test1_New.rtf file.

So if you can create a template with the graphic already in it, the GuiRichEdit.au3 UDF functions can manipulate the text around it just fine.

:x

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

This maybe a differnt post, but ill start here, how do i make the _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetAttribute() work for email address, the '+li' doesnt seem to be working. and i know that rtf supports this. any ideas?

_GUICtrlRichEdit_GoToCharPos($hCtrl, 0)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetAttribute($hCtrl, '+li') ;==>this doesnt seem to work
_GUICtrlRichEdit_InsertText($hCtrl, 'user@domain.com' & @LF)

if you open the RTF afterwards, and hit 'Enter' after the line, it will make it a "hyperlink", but i don't want to open the doc. send and {ENTER} and close it. there must be a better way.

Edited by redLabel