Select value from dropdown

Petzl

I am a novice with AutoIT.

I want to be able to select a value from a dropdown in a program I use via a button.

I used AutoIT Window info to get the following:

Basic Window Info Class: WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.2004eee

Basic Control Info Class: WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.2004eee

There are about 20 dropdown items and I want the 4th on the list.

Do I need to provide any further info and can anyone help?

Thanks very much.

Petzl.

Petzl,

Have you tried ControlCommand?

Go Back to Window Info Tool, use the finder tool to identify the control/combo box you wish to automate. Change these following settings with the information you get:

controlID = ClassnameNN

string = with the text you wish to select.

ControlCommand('[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.2004eee]','','controlID',"SelectString", 'string')

Or

ControlCommand('[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.2004eee]','','controlID',"SetCurrentSelection", 4)

Realm

PS. You can change '[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.2004eee]' with the actual title of the window as well.

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

Hey Realm,

Thanks for the reply.

There is no window that pops up so that is not an option. It is just a dropdown on the menu of the program.

So I should have: ControlCommand('[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.2004eee]','','WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.2004eee3',"SelectString", 'ACTDemo')

or: ControlCommand('[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.2004eee]','','WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.2004eee3',"SetCurrentSelection", 4)

Correct? AutoInfo is below.

I have tried both and nothing is happening......

Class: WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.2004eee

Instance: 3

ClassnameNN: WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.2004eee3

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.2004eee; INSTANCE:3]

ID: 461500

Petzl,

If that don't work try changing 'WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.2004eee3' to '[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.2004eee; INSTANCE:3]'. Not sure if that will make a difference.

Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry.