Find a Charter in a String

I am having troubles finding a character within a string

The string for an example is - Intel® Core2Duo CPU T5800 @2.00GHz

I am trying to delete everything after the "@" or even better yet, save the end of the string to another variable (without the @)

Thanks for the Help

zsKengren

$test="Intel® Core™2Duo CPU T5800 @2.00GHz"
$right=StringInStr($test,"@")
$trimleft=StringTrimLeft($test,Int($right))
MsgBox(0,"",$trimleft)
MsgBox(0,"",$right)

*edit*

the variable $right tells you how many characters in the @ symbol is

after cutting off the first number of characters as returned by $right, what is left is only what is after the @ as displayed by $trimleft

it should be very easy to get the script to define the $test variable with whatever data you need.

Edited by kaotkbliss

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

Hello zsKengren,

First, Welcome to the AutoIt Forums :x

I have a couple ideas for you, the second option is a bit rough, and I am sure there is a better way, however this should give you an idea to get started:

$string = 'Intel® Core™2Duo CPU T5800 @2.00GHz'

;If you know its going to be exactly @2.00GHz
$new_String = StringTrimRight($string,9)
MsgBox(0,'String Is:',$new_String)

;If you need to find the @ symbol, and remove it and everything after it.
$char_count = 0
While 1
    If StringLeft(StringTrimLeft($string,$char_count),1) = '@' Then
        $new_string = StringLeft($string,$char_count)
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
    $char_count += 1
WEnd
MsgBox(0,'String Is:',$new_String)

Realm

Edit: Kaotkbliss' example is a cleaner approach to my second example which does the same thing. Posted Image I knew there was a better way, However I did'nt see his while our posts crossed.

Edited by Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

$x=StringSplit('Intel® Core™2Duo CPU T5800 @2.00GHz','@',2)
$part1=$x[0]
$part2=$x[1]
;---------------------------------
$x=StringRegExp('Intel® Core™2Duo CPU T5800 @2.00GHz',"(.*?)@(.*)",1)
$part1=$x[0]
$part2=$x[1]

Edited by Raik

AutoIt-Syntaxsheme for Proton & Phase5 * Firefox Addons by me (resizable Textarea 0.1d) (docked JS-Console 0.1.1)

• 1 year later...

I have this string:

StringInStr
Checks if a string contains a given substring.
StringInStr ( "string", "substring" [, casesense [, occurrence [, start [, count]]]] )

Parameters
string The string to evaluate. 
substring The substring to search for. 
casesense [optional] Flag to indicate if the operations should be case sensitive.
0 = not case sensitive, using the user's locale (default)
1 = case sensitive
2 = not case sensitive, using a basic/faster comparison 
occurrence [optional] Which occurrence of the substring to find in the string. Use a negative occurrence to search from the right side. The default value is 1 (finds first occurrence). 
start [optional] The starting position of the search. 
count [optional] The number of characters to search. This effectively limits the search to a portion of the full string. See remarks.

I want to separate the substring between "0 = not case sensitive" and "using a basic/faster comparison ", that is this section:

0 = not case sensitive, using the user's locale (default)
1 = case sensitive
2 = not case sensitive, using a basic/faster comparison

I used this code to find "0 = not case sensitive" but don't success:

;save first string in file.txt
Global $x, $file
$file=FileOpen("file.txt", 0)
$x=StringInStr($file, "0 = not case sensitive")
MsgBox(0,"1",$x)

Please help me.

Thank all very much.

Edited by meomeo192

Try this.

Global $x, $file
$file=FileOpen("file.txt", 0)
Global $Text = FileRead($file)
$x=StringInStr($Text, "0 = not case sensitive")
MsgBox(0,"1",$x)

EDIT: Unicode and forum tags don't mix.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Look up _StringBetween

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator