Creating Search in AD with following qualifiers

jnkbcs

Morning all- I am trying to write a script using the AD UDF and was looking for some direction:

The script i am trying to write needs to query the ldap servery and return the following items in the following format and export them to a test file so i can import it into an excel file:

Qualifiers:

User Name

Pre win2000 login name

Expiration Date - able to select a date range

First Name

Last Name

Logon Name

Manager name - needs to be the first and last and not the cn=XXX,

I will write up the gui and post is here in a bit but any help with the syntax would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to start another thread that has links for searching in AD. :x.

To get all users with the above data I would use:

$aResult = _AD_GetObjectsInOU("", "(objectcategory=user)", 2, "displayname,samaccountname,accountexpires,givenname,sn,samaccountname,managedby")
accountexpires is an encoded property so you have to decode it. The method to use depends on the number of records to be returned. Some are faster, some are slower. Do you need to select users by any criteria?

I would like to start another thread that has links for searching in AD. :x.

The example script for _AD_GetObjectsInOU has lots of examples. Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Please have a look at the example script _AD_GetAccountsExpired.au3.

Example 2 and 3 might just be want you want.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

ok i read it and i think ive got it. one question, i added the year from this year to next and it doesnt like it. do i need to flip them?

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters= -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=Y
#include 

; Open Connection to the Active Directory
_AD_Open()

Global $aExpired[1]

; *****************************************************************************
; Example 3
; Get a list of user accounts that expire between january and october this year
; *****************************************************************************
;$aExpired = _AD_GetAccountsExpired("user", @YEAR & "/10/31", @YEAR & "/01/01")
$aExpired = _AD_GetAccountsExpired("user", @YEAR & "2010/12/01", @YEAR & "2011/01/31")
If @error = 0 Then
    _ArrayDisplay($aExpired, "Active Directory Functions - Example 3 - Expired User Accounts (january to october this year)")
ElseIf @error = 1 Then
    MsgBox(64, "Active Directory Functions - Example 3", "No expired user accounts could be found")
Else
    MsgBox(64, "Active Directory Functions - Example 3", "Invalid parameters provided")
EndIf

Remove "@year & ". I mean:

$aExpired = _AD_GetAccountsExpired("user", "2010/12/01", "2011/01/31")
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki