#requireAdmin

Syed23

Maybe you could edit your posts to close the autoit tags in the last one and add them to the first one; it's no fun having to scroll down past all that code.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Maybe you could edit your posts to close the autoit tags in the last one and add them to the first one; it's no fun having to scroll down past all that code.

sorry i did not wanted to do it.. .but some how i am posting worngly.. i will try to correct and come back

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

sorry i did not wanted to do it.. .but some how i am posting worngly.. i will try to correct and come back

Hi Friends,

Instead of confusing all you by adding my code simply i wil explain what i am doing and what is the problem. Please some one help me on this...

i have created a tool which will work for XP,Vista and Windows 7 operating system. This tool will be basically used for the non-admin users to perform some admin priveleged actions. For that i am using #requireadmin" function. I think this is not needed... bcoz when i execute the tool for XP the tool will get the admin credential and excute the function. Here what i wanted is the requireadmin should only work for Vista and Windows 7 machines. i have tried the below scenarios to overcome this problem. But still unable tot find the answer. Can some one help me on this?

Scenario1 : removed the #requireadmin function from the top of the code and added in the Windows 7 function. But still it prompts user privilege for XP machines too. I understand that since it is a compiler it may works as it is... can we have some other option to do it...

Like wise., if the tool works in Windows 7 it should prompt for require admin or if ti is XP then the tool should launch without checking the admin privilege...

Appreciated for your help in advance!

Edited by Syed23

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]