Is it possible to...

zeffy

No, you can't change the class of an existing window, and changing the class before it is created requires access to the code do it. That part of the AutoIt binary is not accessible to the user.

:x

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Than you need to switch to a other code/language. Simple.

(Seems a other language was found, whiteout ditching AutoIt.)

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

I am quite aware of that option, I have C# and AutoIt versions of this app, but conveniently neither language supports custom window class names (and I lost the source for the C# version anyway...).

I had an idea though, would it be possible to make a GUI with windows API through autoit? The reason I need a custom class name is so I can emulate the windows live messenger window to capture 'now playing' song information from media players.

EDIT: why didnt I think of this before? _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx(), duh.

Edited by zeffy

EDIT: why didnt I think of this before? _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx(), duh.

Good catch. I actually reviewed the WinAPI.au3 functions in the help file for this topic, but was looking for changes to an existing window, and so scanned right past that.

:x

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law