SciTE not use Shellnew of installation drive

rdwray

• Developers

These files are stored in the c:\Windows\SHELLNEW directory.

So you will have to copy these files to each drive you have on OS installed on or run the installer when booted in each boot option.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

These files are stored in the c:\Windows\SHELLNEW directory.

So you will have to copy these files to each drive you have on OS installed on or run the installer when booted in each boot option.

The file is in D:\...\Shellnew, but SciTE is pulling it from C:\...\Shellnew. I put a label in the files to prove it was happening.

“No other God have I but Thee; born in a manger, died on a tree.” Martin Luther

• Developers

The file is in D:\...\Shellnew, but SciTE is pulling it from C:\...\Shellnew. I put a label in the files to prove it was happening.

How is SciTE doing anything here?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Don't understand the question? Do you mean: Why is a post on SciTe being made in this forum?

You are the one mentioning SciTE is having problems twice ... I only asked what the relation of your problem to SciTE is....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

You are the one mentioning SciTE is having problems twice ... I only asked what the relation of your problem to SciTE is....

I wouldn't be asking the question if I knew what the problem was.

• Developers

I wouldn't be asking the question if I knew what the problem was.

Ok, than stop mentioning SciTE which is just an editor and tell us exactly what you are doing.

I guess you really meant to stay that you have AutoIt3 installed on the D: drive.

What Drive did you boot from when you installed AutoIt3? (This is the installer that installs the Template.au3.)

What Drive did you boot from when the above issue occurs?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have AutoIt installed on both drives and C: was installed when booted from C: and D: when booted from D:. I just renamed the template on C: and I got a blank template.

• Developers

I can't test a dual boot but thought that Windows would use the Shellnew directory of the OS drive.

This entry from the Registry refers to these entries:

HKLM\Software\Classes\.au3\ShellNew

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I can't test a dual boot but thought that Windows would use the Shellnew directory of the OS drive.

This entry from the Registry refers to these entries:

HKLM\Software\Classes\.au3\ShellNew

Jos

The entry in the registry is exactly: Template.au3. Should it have a path???

Edit: I added the full path and it works now. Let me know if a light bulb comes on.

Edited by rdwray

The entry in the registry is exactly: Template.au3. Should it have a path???

Edit: I added the full path and it works now. Let me know if a light bulb comes on.

I wanted to update this: I found a problem I created on my machine and SciTE is correct.