BinaryToAu3Kompressor v1.0.5.4 Update of 10 Oct 2014

wakillon

I don't have UAC either, but I'm reluctant to try as I have the same concerns as wraithdu. Is there a reason you download to the Windows directory?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I don't have UAC either, but I'm reluctant to try as I have the same concerns as wraithdu. Is there a reason you download to the Windows directory?

I download nothing with this script, but i didn't like idea to have files in temp dir of each users ( it creates useless copy of each files )

or in script dir ( i you move your script/executable, you need to delete attached files each time !)

That's why it seemed logical and more simple to use windows dir, but i didn't know about UAC problem...

You said you are reluctant, but is there any rules or wiki help/guide as said wraithdu for "good manners" ?

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

You said you are reluctant, but is there any rules or wiki help/guide as said wraithdu for "good manners" ?

It's common practise to avoid writing to the Windows directory if you don't need to. That directory should only be touched my drivers, applications which modify files in there and Windows itself. There is rarely a good reason to write there.

I've pointed this out to you in the past with the application(s) you have that download images/files to the windows directory. But you want proof I see..

The Windows directory is the directory where some legacy applications store initialization and help files. New applications should not store files in the Windows directory; instead, they should store system-wide data in the application's installation directory, and user-specific data in the user's profile.

Source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724454(v=vs.85).aspx

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I personally don't like the practise to create any temp files if not needed. If possible I embed it into the script (disadvantage is the script size).

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

It's common practise to avoid writing to the Windows directory if you don't need to. That directory should only be touched my drivers, applications which modify files in there and Windows itself. There is rarely a good reason to write there.

I've pointed this out to you in the past with the application(s) you have that download images/files to the windows directory. But you want proof I see..

Source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724454(v=vs.85).aspx

Have a look at this >>  I don't like that the icon is moved to the C:Windows directory, I changed it but is there a reason you install it there?

where you said you didn't like the icon is moved to windows dir, but not why ! 

Be more explicit next time. :closedeyes:

i asked as said James for common practices or good manners who need to be followed, and not only for windows dir !

I personally don't like the practise to create any temp files if not needed. If possible I embed it into the script (disadvantage is the script size).

Br,

UEZ

Yes, you're right, but there is an advantage ; when you need to update external files instead of entire script. :)

My AutoIt is not installed in the default location, you should take this in consideration when searching for SciTE path (line 207)

Another suggestion is to automatically select the best compression methode at the end of the analysis

Patch for the SciTE path

Local $sScitePath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt", "InstallDir") & "\SciTE\scite.exe"
        If FileExists($sScitePath) Then
            If $iCopy = 0 Then
                Run($sScitePath & ' "-import mono" "' & $sScriptFilePath & '"')
            Else
                ClipPut($sString)
                _TrayTip($sSoftTitle, 'Script was Copied to the Clipboard !', 1, 3000)
            EndIf
        Else
            MsgBox(262144 + 4096 + 16, 'Error', "SciTE Editor was not found.", 5)
            ClipPut($sString)
        EndIf
Edited by matwachich

That was October 2011, I didn't know much back then nor did I think to search MSDN, it was just a hunch I had of not using the Windows directory. I was pretty explicit this time though by providing a quote directly from Microsoft.

UDF List:

That was October 2011, I didn't know much back then nor did I think to search MSDN, it was just a hunch I had of not using the Windows directory. I was pretty explicit this time though by providing a quote directly from Microsoft.

So don't say i want proof if you didn't explain anything before.

Sorry? But you asked in post 22 the following...

but is there any rules or wiki help/guide

...so I provided you with a description (proof) that it's documented on MSDN.  I don't understand why you're so hostile with me? I'm only helping you.

UDF List:

I'm not really. I just don't wakillon to think I'm attacking him, merely providing a guiding hand.

UDF List:

Don't take it personally, I think he's overwhelmed.

overwhelmed by what ?  :blink: 

I'm not really. I just don't wakillon to think I'm attacking him, merely providing a guiding hand.

May be my english understanding is bad, but i'm not hostile with anyone, 

i like clear situations and this discussion seems to become confused.

So thanks for your msdn link,

and i will search if there is others "current practices" .

My AutoIt is not installed in the default location, you should take this in consideration when searching for SciTE path (line 207)

Another suggestion is to automatically select the best compression methode at the end of the analysis

Patch for the SciTE path

Local $sScitePath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt", "InstallDir") & "\SciTE\scite.exe"
        If FileExists($sScitePath) Then
            If $iCopy = 0 Then
                Run($sScitePath & ' "-import mono" "' & $sScriptFilePath & '"')
            Else
                ClipPut($sString)
            EndIf
        Else
            MsgBox(262144 + 4096 + 16, 'Error', "SciTE Editor was not found.", 5)
            ClipPut($sString)
        EndIf

You are right, i will add your suggestion in next update.

Thanks  ;)

I'm probably doing something wrong but your script refuses to do what you say. Even the gui looks different, with no two-arrows pic control shown and with standard AutoIt icon.

I checked TempBTAK folder and I see that Convert.jpg and Win.ico are corrupted. Maybe that's the problem. Windows 7 here.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I'm probably doing something wrong but your script refuses to do what you say. Even the gui looks different, with no two-arrows pic control shown and with standard AutoIt icon.

I checked TempBTAK folder and I see that Convert.jpg and Win.ico are corrupted. Maybe that's the problem. Windows 7 here.

hi trancexx

Win7 here too (x64)

I have delete my BTAK temp folder and re-run script for test, and files are well re-created!

Did you modify something in script ?

Absolutely nothing

hi trancexx

Win7 here too (x64)

I have delete my BTAK temp folder and re-run script for test, and files are well re-created!

Did you modify something in script ?

Absolutely nothing. I just downloaded and run.

... Deleted BTAK now, same results.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I get the same as trancexx and I have the same system as you.

UDF List: