Encrypt private file with password using crypt.au3

shanet

Hey everyone,

I want to encrypt a file, lets say file.txt with a password. I do not want to store the password but I want to be able to encrypt the data against the password so it is possible to decrypt it with the correct password, if its not it returns an error. Is this possible?

I looked at crypt.au3 but I have no idea on UDFs and whats going on. I also searched the forums and got nothing, and the help file does not cover crypt.au3.

Can anyone help me here?

I am assuming you have enough information here to understand it, as I do not have any code I am able to give you at the moment.

Thanks,

shanet

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

• Moderators

shanet,

If you use the "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3Help.exe" Help wrapper, or open the "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt.chm" file directly you will find the Crypt UDF Help pages under <User Defined Function Reference> at the bottom of the index. Everything you have asked is possible and explained therein. :P

The Crypt UDF functions are very easy to use, but if you still have problems, please come back. :x

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

This might help?

http://dundats.mvps.org/help/html/libfunctions/Encryption%20Management.htm

Or 'Encryption Management' in the User Defined Function section of the local help file.

Edited by somdcomputerguy

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

This might help?

http://dundats.mvps.org/help/html/libfunctions/Encryption%20Management.htm

Or 'Encryption Management' in the User Defined Function section of the local help file.

I went to encryption management under user defined functions and it tells us to include encryption.au3 which I dont have under my include folder?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

I went to encryption management under user defined functions and it tells us to include encryption.au3 which I dont have under my include folder?

That's a typo, it should be Crypt.au3, and that's what you see at the top of all the examples under each function.

:x

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

If you are only wanting to encrypt a text file, take a look at _StringEncrypt in the help file. It's pretty easy to use. It used RC4 encryption.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RC4

Encryption example:

#Include <String.au3>
$orig = FileRead("text.txt")
$encryp = _StringEncrypt(1, $orig, "password") 
FileWrite("text_encrypted.txt", $encryp)

Decryption example:

#Include <String.au3>
$orig = FileRead ("text_encrypted.txt")
$decrypt = _StringEncrypt(0, $orig, "password")
FileWrite("text_decrypted.txt", $decrypt)

Edit: MrPPP beat me to it.

Edited by sleepydvdr

#include <ByteMe.au3>

If you are only wanting to encrypt a text file, take a look at _StringEncrypt in the help file. It's pretty easy to use. It used RC4 encryption.

Not exactly. The _StringEncrypt() function uses an RC4-Like function. There are AutoIt implementations of standard RC4 posted, but the _StringEncrypt() function does not use it.

The functions of the Crypt.au3 UDF would be better.

:x

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law