Compile remotely

cag8f

I have a home network consisting of 2 computers:

COMPUTER1, Win 7 Pro 64 bit, Username = MYNAME, Password = PASSWORD

COMPUTER2, Win XP Pro 32 bit, Username = MYNAME, Password = PASSWORD

I can succesfully copy files back and forth and both have the latest version of Autoit installed.

From COMPUTER1 I would like open a .au3 script housed on COMPUTER2, edit it, and compile it so that the resulting .exe is housed in the same directory on COMPUTER2. I can open and edit the file, but when I try to compile I get:

--a window named "Compile" with a progress bar. Underneath it reads, "Running Aut2exe.exe"

--after maybe 10-20seconds an error window pops up reading, "Error: Error opening the destination file."

--I hit "OK" and compiling ends with no .exe created.

This happens when I compile in x86 or 64bit mode (I assume I want x86 since I want to run the exe on an x86 machine). When I'm working locally on COMPUTER2 I can succesfully compile the .exe. Any thoughts onto what's causing this problem?

have you actually tried killing the process? Either you don't have permissions to create the file, or the script is running. Try to create with a new name.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.