Autoit to Visual Studio?

Heyyy I was wondering if I could convert my script in Autoit to Visual Studio Ultimate 2010? It would be soo helpful.

Off topic: Is VS C++??

Do you mean Visual Basic? There is no language called Visual Studio Ultimate 2010, that is a software package.

shanet

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

I use visual studio... That's why I was asking if it was C++

Yes, you use VS, however it is not a language, so you can not convert it.

What language do you program in with VS?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

It won't happen because AutoIt is dynamically typed, whereas C++ is statically typed. Conversion from C++ to AutoIt may be possible (easy even, although the output would be a tad untidy), but the other way would mean there would be circumstances where the type changes in AutoIt and you will be bending C++ into something it doesn't really want to be. I'm not saying impossible, I'm saying it's not really of any use. AutoIt and C are too different to make it feasible.

Also, why would you want to, what practical application would this serve?

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

It won't happen because AutoIt is dynamically typed, whereas C++ is statically typed. Conversion from C++ to AutoIt may be possible (easy even, although the output would be a tad untidy), but the other way would mean there would be circumstances where the type changes in AutoIt and you will be bending C++ into something it doesn't really want to be. I'm not saying impossible, I'm saying it's not really of any use. AutoIt and C are too different to make it feasible.

At the risk of sounding an idiot, what is the difference between static and dynamic?

Yes I know a bit of C++ (I can do command prompt applications), however i do not know the diff?

thx

Ah. OK, Thanks omikron48!

C++ can have dynamic types. What do you think AutoIt was written in?

Yes I found that you can get C++ source codes.