_IEPropertyGet runs slow??

Consty

After opening a web page and logging in, i use the "locationurl" in the function "_IEPropertyGet".

I need the current url to get the session id - but here comes the problem.

My script kinda freezes and does nothing for about 5min. After that, it does what it's supposed to do.

Why does it need such a long time to give me the URL?

I tried a few other things from the _IEPropertyGet function - does the same thing.

Help please

the lower part - where it doesent work

While 1

call("Login")

_IELoadWait ($object_ctrl)

$sText = _IEPropertyGet ($object_ctrl, "locationurl")

$array909 = StringSplit($sText, "&session=")

_ArrayDisplay($array909, "AllStrings")

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Exit

EndSelect

WEnd

I bet it's that _IELoadWait(), it's not taking forever to get your URL it's taking forever to finish loading the page before moving on to the next line of code. Trying changing _IELoadWaitTimeout to like 1second and see if there's any difference...though your address might not be what you were expecting! I have the same problem in a script I use, but instead of using IELoadWait I am using _IENavigate (which has the wait built-in) and I get the same lag...

The only other thing I can suggest is look for some other indication that your session ID is ready to pull from the address bar instead of using IELoadWait...like maybe monitor the status bar for a particular line of text?

Nope, nothing helps.

I could get the session id from the links on the page and string management, but everything i try works so slow.

I tried with "_IELinkGetCollection" - same thing. Script does nothing for about 5 min. I don't get it...

Does the page code matter?

I noticed, that script actualy doesen't do nothing for about 5 min - after logging on the site.

No function works. After that time, the response is normal. I tried a few simple things (msgbox) after the login - nothing!

At the start page everything works - after login it freezes.

I put a 5min sleep after the login, and then everything works normal. The downtime troubles me, cause i don't know what is happening...

I guess it must be something wierd with the site that does it.

Edited by Consty

_IELoadWait times out after 5 minutes. Think that could be related? Obviously not... you haven't acknowledged anyone else that has suggested this as the source of your issue, so you must know better than we do.

Good luck, I think you're on your own.

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

here u go, nothing special in here :x

Func Login()

$oklik = _IEGetObjById ($object_ctrl, "loginBtn") ;login button

_IEAction ($oklik, "click")

$oLogin = _IEFormGetCollection ($object_ctrl, 0)

global $oQueryLogin = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oLogin, "uni_url") ;uni sellection

_IEFormElementOptionselect ($oQueryLogin, 5, 1, "byIndex")

$var = IniRead("info.ini", "info", "ime", "NotFound") ;name read

$var2 = IniRead("info.ini", "info", "pass", "NotFound") ;pass read

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($object_ctrl, "loginForm")

$oQuery1 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "login")

_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery1, $var) ;set name

Sleep(100)

$oQuery1 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "pass")

_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery1, $var2) ;set pass

Sleep(100)

_IEFormSubmit ($oForm)

EndFunc

Add some ConsoleWrite's around your code, atleast its what i do to debug.

Like this

While 1

ConsoleWrite("Calling Login")
    Call("Login")
    ConsoleWrite("Loging Called")

ConsoleWrite("IE Load Wait starting" & @CRLF)
    _IELoadWait($object_ctrl)
    ConsoleWrite("IE Load Wait done" & @CRLF)

ConsoleWrite("Doing _IEPropertyGet()" & @CRLF)
    $sText = _IEPropertyGet($object_ctrl, "locationurl")
    ConsoleWrite("IEPropertyGet() Done" & @CRLF)

ConsoleWrite("SPlitting" & @CRLF)
    $array909 = StringSplit($sText, "&session=")
    ConsoleWrite("Done splitting" & @CRLF)

; no need to comment this as the display speaks for its self.
    _ArrayDisplay($array909, "AllStrings")

$msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSelect
WEnd

if your 100% its IEPropertyGet

Then do the same in ie.au3 and you can narrow it down. IEPropGet is not a very big func considering that its one big select statement you can narrow down the cause pretty easily and very fast.

Steve

Edited by Steveiwonder

They call me MrRegExpMan

FOUND THE ERROR!

After reading everything here and thinking - it hit me.

I went looking for the function _IEFormSubmit - cause it is the last one in the login function.

Func _IEFormSubmit(ByRef $o_object, $f_wait = 1)
    If Not IsObj($o_object) Then
        __IEErrorNotify("Error", "_IEFormSubmit", "$_IEStatus_InvalidDataType")
        Return SetError($_IEStatus_InvalidDataType, 1, 0)
    EndIf
    ;
    If Not __IEIsObjType($o_object, "form") Then
        __IEErrorNotify("Error", "_IEFormSubmit", "$_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType")
        Return SetError($_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType, 1, 0)
    EndIf
    ;

Local $o_window = $o_object.document.parentWindow
    $o_object.submit
    If $f_wait Then
        _IELoadWait($o_window)
        Return SetError(@error, 0, -1)
    EndIf
    Return SetError($_IEStatus_Success, 0, -1)
EndFunc   ;==>_IEFormSubmit

Indeed there is a _IELoadWait here :shifty:

I removed the _IELoadWait with a small sleep timer and it works!

thank you all for the help! :nuke:

edit:

MrMitchell - didn't see your post cause i was writing a reply here :P

hehe, thanks!

edit2:

i restored the _IEFormSubmit to original and added _IEFormSubmit ($oForm, 0) - and it works!!! :x

Edited by Consty

And if you had read the remarks for the _IEFormSubmit function in the helpfile you would have know what to do and would not have been surprised by this.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• 2 months later...

And if you had read the remarks for the _IEFormSubmit function in the helpfile you would have know what to do and would not have been surprised by this.

Dale

Tss...

I've had same problem with the _IELoadWait + _IECreate function with PC's (netbooks) using Win7 + SP1.

Netbooks without SP1 didn't have any _loadwait issues.

It (temporaly) fixed it by setting a short, 2000ms timout for _IEcreate, the if it fails: retry with a IEAttach, that does find the created window with _IEcreate.

So solution so far is to avoid _IELoadWait, and define a custom wait function.

The real issue is figuring out why your page is not completing its load. The IE Functions are doing what they were designed to do.

Dale