bullzip pdf printer

flyingboz

Wondering if anyone has built this wheel yet; I've got a project where I may tackle it; though converting .NET or javascript syntax to

au3 isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

Any thoughts / experience by anyone using the product in a production-grade environment? Any sample scripts out there to get the ball rolling?

http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/doc/info.php

Documentation seems to indicate that it supports com methods such that could be directly accessible by AutoIT.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Really impressed with the bullzip pdf writer capability thus far. To get my project off the ground, I punted the COM functionality and am controlling what settings I need through INI file manipulations. I am still interested in a BullZipPDF udf, and the experience / thoughts of those using it in a production environment.

Edited by flyingboz

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Mmmh,

Maybe using PDFCreator, a well known PDF printer, will save you some work.

Have a look at:

Thanks for the reply. I have used and not been real happy w/ PDFCreator in the incarnations where I ran across it, though it has been years. I seem to

recall issues with terminal services (though a quick browse of their website indicates that it is supported now), among other things.

And bullzip is licensed as free for commercial use in environments with 10 or fewer users, flawlessly works on terminal server, and has handled everything I've thrown at it.

It's now a backburner project w/ me, as there are simple ways of handling this w/o COM, given my deeper understanding of the tool's operation; but a full-fledged COM based UDF is something

that I would love to add to my 'toolkit'.