String Replace to end of line

shanet

Hey autoit!

I am trying to implement the string replace function so if a line starts with a ':', it is removed from the variable.

I am reading from a file, setting the data to the variable and then removing the lines starting with ':' from that variable.

How would I do this? If it was possible to use wildcards, it should be done like this:

$var1 = StringReplace($var1, ":*" & @CRLF, "")

However, because wildcards are not implemented, it will not work?

Any way to get around this???

Thanks.

shanet

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

• Moderators

shanet,

Read the file into an array with _FileReadToArray, then run through the array backwards and delete those elements which start with ":". Finally use _FileWriteFromArray to rewrite the file. Here is the deletion bit: :x

#include <Array.au3>

Global $aArray[4] = [3, "line 1", ":line 2", "line 3"]

For $i = $aArray[0] To 1 Step -1
    If StringLeft($aArray[$i], 1) = ":" Then
        _ArrayDelete($aArray, $i)
        $aArray[0] -= 1
    EndIf
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aArray)

It should be obvious why you need to go through the array backwards. :P

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Finally use _FileWriteFromArray to rewrite the file. Here is the deletion bit: :x

Im not going to write back to the file, but anyway...

$array[0] should return the number of arrays, correct?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

• Moderators

shanet,

Dog eaten your Help file? :P

_FileReadToArray

Remarks

$aArray[0] will contain the number of records read into the array.

Records, not arrays, mind. :x

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Dog eaten your Help file? :P

Maybe... :x

So that will delete the whole line.

Is it possible to only delete everything AFTER the ':' on that line?

Edited by shanet

• Moderators

shanet,

Easy - in fact so easy I will let you work out how to do it yourself. :P

A few hints if you get stuck: :x

- 1. No longer any need to reverse loop through the array

- 2. Once you have identified a line beginning with ":", use the Assignment operator to replace the content.

M23

Spoiler

Once you have identified a line beginning with ":", use the Assignment operator to replace the content.

But the thing is, the line wont necessarily START with :

Oh s*** i just realised I have to change that, because EVERY LINE HAS THAT CHAR!!!! :@

OK, I will figure that out later, so stringinstr should help identify a line with whatever character it will be, so if I could use StringReplace with wildcards, I could then delete to the end of the line. But StringReplace doesnt accept wildcards, so do I need to assign it to a variable using something that will accept wildcards?

• Moderators

shanet,

If you want any more help, sit and think carefully for a while about exactly what you want to do. Then come back and explain it clearly with an example of the what the initial and changed file should look like. Otherwise we are wasting our time. :x

M23

Spoiler

In the file, details.txt, I have links to webpages. (http: being the reason I needed to change the character)I want to be able to comment the contents, and in a small program have

$var1 = FileRead(details.txt)

I then want to delete everything between // (the new characher to replace ':') and @CRLF (including //, excluding the line break).

Is that enough?

Thanks

Edited by shanet

Thanks Rudi.

I tried your snippet, and it said I need to declare $2? I found $2$4$5 at the end, but I do not know what they do?

• Moderators

shanet,

Is that enough?

It is certainly not what I asked you to provide, but this does what I understand you to want - remove everything after the "http:" in lines containing //: :x

#include <Array.au3>

; Simulate reading the file into an array
Global $aArray[4] = [3, _
                    "http://url_1_url_1_url_1_url_1_url_1_url_1", _
                    "http://url_2_url_2_url_2_url_2_url_2_url_2", _
                    "http://url_3_url_3_url_3_url_3_url_3_url_3"]

; Loop through the array
For $i = 1 To $aArray[0]
    ; If there is a // in the line
    If StringInStr($aArray[$i], "//") Then
        ; Get rid of the end of the line
        $aArray[$i] = StringRegExpReplace($aArray[$i], "(.*)//.*", "$1")
    EndIf
Next

; Display the result
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)

The SRE works like this:

pattern to match:

(.*) - capturing group of any number of characters

//.* - non-capturing group made up of // followed by any number of characters

replacement:

$1 - first captured group

The SRE looks for any number of characters followed by // and any number of characters. But it only captures the first group (i.e. the characters up to the //) for later use when we ask it to replace what it has matched with what is in that group.

I hope that is clear - SREs are quite difficult to get to grips with, but well worth the effort. :P

M23

Spoiler

Thanks Melba23,

Not sure where you are but its 11:15 pm over here so its almost bedtime so I will try this tomorrow and let you know how it went.