Access InternetExplorer embedded in Outlook

Georg

Hi,

How can I access an Internet Explorer instance that is embedded in Outlook? You can set a HomePage property for every folder in Outlook. Outlook starts an embedded Internet Explorer. I want to access this IE instance and set some fields and checkboxes etc. Any hints how to achive this?

Regards,

Georg

Try _IEAttach "embedded" mode.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thank you for the info, but I got the following error message:

Script:

#include-once
#include "IE.au3"

call("_IEAttach","Newsletteranmeldung/ -abmeldung","embedded","1")

If @error Then
    ConsoleWrite("ExitCode:"& @error & @CRLF)
EndIf

C:\Programme\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (3620) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
Return $oIE.document.parentwindow
Return $oIE.Document^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.216

There is no need to use Call - please see the examples for _IEAttach

It is hard to know without a reproducer. If you can give scecific instructions on how to reproduce your environment, I'll take a look when I have time.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hi Dale,

Thank you for your help.

Im using Outlook on Windows XP.

- Add an Outlook-Folder.

- Go to properties, homepage and set a permanent Homepage http://www.superwebmailer.de/newsletter-software-php-script/defaultnewsletter.php?ML=479&F=1

- Start the script

#include-once

#include "IE.au3"

_IEAttach("Newsletteranmeldung/ -abmeldung","embedded","1")

If @error Then
    ConsoleWrite("ExitCode:"& @error & @CRLF)
EndIf

Result:

C:\Programme\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (3620) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Return $oIE.document.parentwindow

Return $oIE.Document^ ERROR

>Exit code: 1 Time: 0.947

post-61981-0-55009900-1293531653_thumb.j

Your scenario and code work for me with Windows 7 and Outlook 2010. My guess is that it is more an issue with Outlook version than windows and the way that Outlook hosts the browser window.

As a test of a possible workaround, please copy IE.au3 to a new location and call it IE_test.au3 and change line 3260 to change as follows:

;Return $oIE.document.parentwindow
        Return $oIE

Then see if you are able to manipulate the $oIE object as though it was a normal window. If not, see about upgrading Outlook.

Dale