How to pass a bitmap from one script to the other?

KaFu

Hiho,

this is directly related to

Doing some testing and some reading validated this MSDN statement: "An extraction should never be done on a UI thread." Depending on the file type and output thumbnail size the processing can take some seconds. This renders the UI unresponsive.

So I thought the best thing would be to relocate the extraction code to a separate exe file ("different thread") and poll the results in the working loop (notification via wm_copydata?). For performance reasons I want to avoid accessing the drive / actually writing the extracted bitmaps to disk... but I did not come up with a working idea for this :x... maybe read the bitmap to a string and pass this via wm_copydata too?

Anyone got a hint or idea for me, a pointer to an example which can be used?

Best Regards

Im useless with this kind of thing and tend to simplify them to much, so please forgive me if my post is stupid and useless.

I've read a little bit on the forums from time to time about HBitmap, and im assuming that might be a hande to the bitmap, or maybe a pointer. Just wondering if that is all you would need to pass along to exe #2.

Heres a thread I found that might hold some info

Seems there were problems with access violation but if exe #2 were a child of exe #1 that might solve such an access problem.

Again, sorry if Im talking rubbish, and can not provide a example.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.