TVDB Help

Paulie

So I'm making a program that gets the information on TV series.

I plan on using it to automatically modify the file names and file structure of my downloaded collection Anime and TV shows to an IMDB standard.

<Show Name>\Season <Season#>\<Show Name> - S<Season#>E<Episode#> - <Episode Title>.<Extension>

Example:

Soul Eater\Season 1\Soul Eater - S01E01 - Soul Resonance- Soul Eater, Becoming a Death Scythe_.mkv

TVDB is an open television show database, and seems pretty comprehensive I would like to use it to get release years and episode names. However I was wondering if someone could help explain to me the best way to get and parse the information. I'm not familiar with using XML API so as of now the only way I know how to go about it would be to parse the raw HTML page sources for the information.

Thanks

Edited by Paulie

If you don't want to mess with the XML DOM, (and I can understand why you wouldn't) , then I would recommend building subfunctions to parse each section of the code base; such that when the html inevitably changes, you can easily determine where things are going south for you.

Resist the urge to build one big UDF that iterates through the html.

In particular, look for places where you can break table rows into arrays, and handle the results.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.