_IsValidFileType()

guinness

I would stay with the SRE version, if you add another param to allow the string based method it would only be to have the faster method available but just having to If..Then to check kills the speed just enough to make it useless I think.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

_WinAPI_PathMatchSpec($Path, StringReplace(';' & $Type, ';', ';*.'))

True, I was searching for the wrong function in WinAPIEx. Thanks.

media.tar.gz - gz extension of the file

name.ext

I would say most people associate tar.gz as being the extension is most cases, whether this is right depends I suppose.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_(file_format)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Is that new in 3.3.8.*? I don't have it but I'm still at 3.3.6.1.

I assume it does the same thing?

I would recommend using the latest version of AutoIt as x64 support has been improved greatly and so has the overall compiled size of the exe. As for where this particular function is located it's in Yashied's UDF called I use it all the time (see post #41) in my applications.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Ok, I had a quick look at the function list from the WinAPIEx UDF, as I suspected as much, but didn't see it there.

Edit: found it, exactly where it should be and I looked earlier,must have missed it.Thanks btw.

Edit 2: When I read the forum for the first time in while, a while back, I read a few post about scripts breaking with 3.3.8 so thought I would wait a bit longer :)

Edited by Robjong

I agree as to stick with the SRE version. Now if you were asking which one of the SRE version's, I'm personally a fan of the first (shorter) version. I like to avoid having copy muliple functions to do one task if I can. But then again I don't like wasting the opportunity for people to learn SRE's and his Ex version can do that so if you really want to maybe add a link to Robjong last post at the end. Your call :) Edited by Beege

What about this? I used Beege's test in post #47 with the results being roughly the same.

Func _IsValidFileType($sFilePath, $sList = "bat;cmd;exe", $iOpFast = 0) ; Change to 1 for faster comparison.
    Return StringRegExp($sFilePath, ".(?i:Q" & StringReplace($sList, ";", "E|Q", 0, $iOpFast * 2) & "E)z")
EndFunc   ;==>_IsValidFileType

Also Beege in you can see where my confusion came from as you have the forth parameter set as 2 when in fact it should've been the 5th, so when you wrote 2 it just so happen that 2 semi-colons were present in the list, hence why I mistook it for that in my reply below.

UDF List:

I agree as to stick with the SRE version. Now if you were asking which one of the SRE version's, I'm personally a fan of the first (shorter) version. I like to avoid having copy muliple functions to do one task if I can. But then again I don't like wasting the opportunity for people to learn SRE's and his Ex version can do that so if you really want to maybe add a link to Robjong last post at the end. Your call :)

My call and I say... ... ... OK will do in the next couple of minutes. I also prefer the more 'compact' SRE which Robjong provided a couple of pages back, but I also agree that the amount of SRE examples in this thread is invaluable to those learning SREs, like me for example, I never stop learning.

UDF List:

You could do that, but like Beege suggested you might want to also post or link the Ex versions, if you use the function you suggested it averages at a little over 60% faster with fast comparing and 105-110% without.

However, the StringReplace only has to match a semi-colon ; so why not just use the faster option?

Edited by Robjong

Also Beege in you can see where my confusion came from as you have the forth parameter set as 2 when in fact it should've been the 5th, so when you wrote 2 it just so happen that 2 semi-colons were present in the list, hence why I mistook it for that in my reply below.

And I was almost out of the woods. Damn you :) . Yes I saw that this afternoon but questioned weather I should make a new post to just point out my mistake. Needless to say I chose no only because my main point of that post was to show the slow down was coming from stringreplace() and not really sre which by only luck it still did that. Sorry for my mistake confusing you. ;) Edited by Beege

Couldn't agree more. I will have a look at the examples in this thread and post links to the alternative solutions.

UDF List:

• 7 months later...

Updated the provided examples and tidied up the syntax of _IsValidFileType. See the original post for more details.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• 9 months later...

I updated the UDF, because the Forum decided to strip the backslash, which happens from time to time.

UDF List:

• 1 year later...

Long time coming, but I have finally updated the function and examples.

UDF List: