A new script that doesn't work. Help me please.

Cookiez

Hello. I created a little script, I wanted to create a Msgbox that popups forever, using the While system.

In the meantime, it has to control if the task manager exists and close it.

While 1
   Msgbox(0,"test","test")
   if processexists("taskmgr.exe") then
      processclose("taskmgr.exe")
   endif
WEnd

The Msgbox popups, but if I try to open the Task Manager the script doesn't close it.

Sorry for bad english and thanks.

I'd like to know why it doesn't work. Today I just wanted to try it, thinking it would be easy for me, but I understood that it isn't. (for me :x)

I posted it here to understand my errors.

If you think I want to do it for lamer purposes, then you can see I'm not good with AutoIt and it's not dangerous at all.

But if you don't want to help me, then never mind.

Sorry to disturb you.

The script is paused while the MsgBox is open. Close the MsgBox and the Task Manager will be closed immediately.

Is there a specific command to close the MsgBox?

Edited by Cookiez

Hmm, thats not really a good reason to be constantly wanting to close task manager.

People can use task manager to exit stupid loops like that, so taking away their ability to do that, is snidey and underhanded.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Developers

I'd like to know why it doesn't work. Today I just wanted to try it, thinking it would be easy for me, but I understood that it isn't. (for me :x)

..And I still like to know why you need this!!!!!!!!!

So what is the legitimate reason to want to constantly kill any TaskMgr window?

would appreciate others to stay out until the OP answers my question.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

well some people (including me) have a certain problem that a lot of processes open double (like taskmgr.exe and _taskmgr.exe) and the working one is _taskmgr.exe but taskmgr.exe is just a huge waste of resources, it keeps consuming ur CPU and RAM. it wont close unless its closed from process. so you understand why this is very useful. this problem is caused by a certain MMORPG (KalOnline). (unless your are vista/win7) and as far as i know i'm pretty sure more games/programs have the same issue.

There is always a good reason for the scripts you should not condemn it because you think it is a virus or whatever.

I cant see it condemed anywhere, and I'ts probably why Jos is waiting for an answer.

What I see in the OP is a loop to keep a msgbox popping up while closing task manager, that looks stupid is all Im saying.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Developers

There is always a good reason for the scripts you should not condemn it because you think it is a virus or whatever.

Where did I condemn anybody? I only EXPLICITLY asked to stay out until I had an answer which you clearly didn't care about. Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)