Some HTML help.

I used to know how to do this but I think I have gotten a little rusty. :( I think there is a way to make an address bar freese and say the same address all throught the web page. Like instead of "http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?act=Post&CODE=00&f=2" it would just show "www.autoitscript.com" or something like that.

[edit]

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Edited by gamerman2360

It is usually done server side. You simply pass the info to other pages. It is also done a lot in frames.

You could paste it in and just not show it :(

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 0)
WinActivate("AutoIt For","")
send("!dhttp://www.autoitscript.com{tab}")

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Server side indicating... Forwarding of a domain name. (That will mask it completely even if you leave the site at times). Of course if you have some code it can redirect a domain entered to a different page/directory. Also as he stated using frames is another way.

To my knowledge there is not a cookie that can do this.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

when I say serverside, I mean it is in the HTML.

I make a page named index.php, and put it in the home directory. When you click on a link, I use the same page, but I grab other dynamic data. This can be done with links, or with posted data.

In frames, everything will show up with the original frame. So even if you load up msn.com in a sub frame of autoitscript.com, you see only the main frame of autoitscript.com.

I don't think I am explaining it too well, but my point is this is normally done in the HTML code (Php,asp,javascript,ect.)

This is the way I know.

when I say serverside, I mean it is in the HTML.

I make a page named index.php, and put it in the home directory. When you click on a link, I use the same page, but I grab other dynamic data. This can be done with links, or with posted data.

In frames, everything will show up with the original frame. So even if you load up msn.com in a sub frame of autoitscript.com, you see only the main frame of autoitscript.com.

I don't think I am explaining it too well, but my point is this is normally done in the HTML code (Php,asp,javascript,ect.)

This is the way I know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) You left out ColdFusion... ::P:(;)

lol JK :( Though you did leave it out :)..

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

ColdFusion is funny, I used it in one job just as an edditor, it became more of just a server and language, got bought by macromedia, which just got bought by adobe, I just wonder what products have any future there besides Flash.

...sorry off on a tangent thinking of GoLiveDreamWeaverFusionFlash.

LOL Yea ColdFusion used to not be quite as powerful as it is now. I didnt know Macromedia just got bought by Adobe... interesting. I knew when Allaire got bought out. I will have to keep track of this. I hope this doesnt mean bad things in the future as all Adobe products are slow :(. :( I hate opening any adobe product. But they are greeeat products once you get em open.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

...oops, I hope that was publically released :(

oh yea:

Adobe to Acquire Macromedia

On April 18, 2005 Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq: ADBE) announced a definitive agreement to acquire Macromedia (Nasdaq: MACR) in an all-stock transaction valued at approximately $3.4 billion. By combining the passion, creativity, and technology of two leading-edge companies, we will continue to drive innovations that help people and organizations everywhere communicate better.

between the lines:

Adobe to Acquire Macromedia Flash for $3.4 billion to compete with Microsoft on a grand scale. By combining the technology of two leading-edge products Acrobat PDF and Flash and the industry standard photo editing photoshop, we will continue to drive up our product, umm... stock prices.

I hope they don't slow everything down to a crawl too.

Edited by scriptkitty

So are they buying out Macromedia or just Flash? The above text seems to me they are just getting Flash. Just my thoughts.

Now I wonder how they are going to compete with Microsoft buy purchasing Flash. I know Microsoft is trying to compete in the PDF market, but I dont think it will go anywhere. Again, just my thoughts. I just dont understand how Flash is going to help Adobe.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Nah, just my view of it. The only thing Adobe didn't have was Flash. That was the huge technology they were missing (and marketshare.) Adobe has the standard photo editing, has nice video, ok web editing, and a large chunk of the print market, and of course thier PDF market. For the web, they were really missing flash. Most other Macromedia products are a canabalised product (as the more sales will just eat native adobe sales.)

Just my take on it....

They bought the whole company, and I am sure they have plans to keep most products. They did the same thing with many other companies they gobbled up. Like FrameMaker.

Edited by scriptkitty

Gotcha. Darn hehe. I was hoping that was the case :(. Oh well.

Does Micro$oft have anything that can compete with Flash? Because up to this point they have seemed to let Macromedia have that market. Macromedia and AOL/ICQ just joined together too for development. I wonder where that will go now as well.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Micro$oft doesn't currently have anything close to flash. Flash is supported by so many browsers and used so much there is no comparision. Now Macrromedia doesn't have a stranglehold on the flash market, because they opened up the language just like PDF.

There are a ton of PDF makers out there besides Adobe acrobat, and many products have built in PDF output, but adobe has most of the market and this availability just keeps them getting more.

There are a lot of really cool and much easier (besides cheaper) ways to use flash, Like SWISHMax. It is a simple program that makes Flash fast and easy. I use it sometimes instead of the full flash program at times.

The hottest thing on the web atm is AJAX. It has really caught on big time. Basically it is just useing javascript to pull live data from XML or databases and feeding that data into an exhisting page. This was one of the features flash enjoyed. Now you can do this with normal webpages. The best example I can give is maps.google.com

maps.google.com constantly pulls in xml data and feeds the map. It apears that you have a gigantic map of every street in the US. You can zoom, scroll, etc. And you never leave the page.

of course we can do all this stuff in autoit. :(

Micro$oft doesn't currently have anything close to flash.  Flash is supported by so many browsers and used so much there is no comparision.  Now Macrromedia doesn't have a stranglehold on the flash market, because they opened up the language just like PDF. 

There are a ton of PDF makers out there besides Adobe acrobat, and many products have built in PDF output, but adobe has most of the market and this availability just keeps them getting more.

There are a lot of really cool and much easier (besides cheaper) ways to use flash, Like SWISHMax. It is a simple program that makes Flash fast and easy. I use it sometimes instead of the full flash program at times.

The hottest thing on the web atm is AJAX. It has really caught on big time.  Basically it is just useing javascript to pull live data from XML or databases and feeding that data into an exhisting page.  This was one of the features flash enjoyed.  Now you can do this with normal webpages.  The best example I can give is maps.google.com

maps.google.com constantly pulls in xml data and feeds the map. It apears that you have a gigantic map of every street in the US. You can zoom, scroll, etc. And you never leave the page.

of course we can do all this stuff in autoit.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooo... we can do all of that in AutoIt.. interesting. That might just might be a very fun project. We would just need a map :(.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links